119 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
izithemes says

I agree with you, but what’s the standard? I have a rejected theme, some (many) people like it and say “awesome”, but the reviewer say “no”, so what’s the important? peoples feeling or reviewers feeling ?

Look at current approvals, that’s the standard. What are they doing better than you? What could you do better to yours?

Scott
On “other marketplace” (I can’t put link here, you can google with my information), my themes sale better than Peerapong’s themes (a popular TF author, sorry if I’m not allowed say this) but on TF, I can not. :(
And? That means nothing.
Hey, I mean, may be my theme come fit to standard but because I’m newbie here and it’s not aprroved. is it clear?
1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

Hey guys,

I think the most important thing to understand in this situation is that it’s not the reviewers responsibility to give us feedback on our designs. Their only job is to approve or deny submissions based on the (very high) marketplace standards. If you do get feedback on your design, which many times you will if you politely ask for them to take some extra time for it, then it’s a bonus. They’re not here to mold us into designers nor are they here to hold our hands during the process of getting an item approved.

Just be honest with yourself, continue to learn, and try not to get too frustrated during the process. Trust me that it’ll make you a better designer which will in turn bring you more sale.

Be patient, honest with yourself, and persistent! ;)

1435 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

@mafloral This look great, I think you can resubmit and state that the design is OK by kailoon. I think we should give this a try.

But I also agree with Sid, I’d recommend you try to refine and double check the details such as spacing, typography and alignment before doing so. Nothing major, just some minor adjustments.

@iKreativ Thanks for your inputs and help, you deserve a badge! :)

@JamiGibbs

“Just be honest with yourself, continue to learn, and try not to get too frustrated during the process. Trust me that it’ll make you a better designer which will in turn bring you more sale”
– well said!

119 posts
izithemes says

@mafloral This look great, I think you can resubmit and state that the design is OK by kailoon. I think we should give this a try.

But I also agree with Sid, I’d recommend you try to refine and double check the details such as spacing, typography and alignment before doing so. Nothing major, just some minor adjustments.

@JamiGibbs

“Just be honest with yourself, continue to learn, and try not to get too frustrated during the process. Trust me that it’ll make you a better designer which will in turn bring you more sale”
)> – well said!

..and, what do you think about my theme? http://izithemes.com/wp/Stunner

I resubmited it but may be I’ll get a rejection again.

Thanks

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
Bad-Cloud says

Hi all,

The main issue with the review process is that the submitter is not getting the feedback he need to start redesigning his work so he can be approved, he’s only getting some standard text, from where he doesn’t even know where to start. Specially with people like myself, who are more PHP programmers then designers., this is a big issue..

In my opinion, the easiest way TF can overcome this issue is to hire dedicated people, who can properly review rejected themes/pds’s etc… and give detailed feedback. Of course this service can be made available to the public for a certain amount of $$$. There can be options, to get your design reviewed, or your code, etc…

I know I will pay a fee to get a proper detailed feedback and finally get my first theme approved on TF. :)

2203 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hey Kailoon

I am actually working on the spacing issues and the typography so maybe later on today i will re-submit the template. As for Scott getting the badge i agree he pointed out some valid mistakes that i made and honestly i loved his feedback. Also i am glad you like the file and as i said i will do all my best to have it finished and uploaded again.

Cheers

Lester

1289 posts LoveThemes
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
LoveThemes says

@JamiGibbs

)> – well said!

Woot! A badge! :D wait, what badge?!? :)

1435 posts
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

@izithemes Good start, but I think it lacks of uniqueness. Further, there are many aspects need improvements. The current design, element placements, balance of white space failed express the concept or make it stand out as a premium theme.

@Bad-Cloud We have a lot of tuts site to help you get started :)

@mafloral Great!

@iKreativ The superstar badge? :P

119 posts
izithemes says

@izithemes Good start, but I think it lacks of uniqueness. Further, there are many aspects need improvements. The current design, element placements, balance of white space failed express the concept or make it stand out as a premium theme.

Thanks Kailoon but I have a question: I continue improve this theme and will be accepted or never (because it lacks of uniqueness, you said) ?

1435 posts
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

Thanks Kailoon but I have a question: I continue improve this theme and will be accepted or never (because it lacks of uniqueness, you said) ?
If u can improve that, why not? :) It has potential.
by
by
by
by
by
by