• Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Forum Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+9 more
Siddharth Reviewer says

Looks like I missed the party. Haha!

I think Scott and Jami have said pretty much what I wanted to say, so thanks for that. Considering the number of files, providing detailed feedback for every one is simply not feasible.

If I could tell one thing to authors, it’s just this: “Do your homework.”

This includes researching current standards as well as recent approvals to gauge where the quality bar is. This, by itself, will improve both our lives significantly. Asking me how to make a design unique is both counterproductive and unintuitive.

If a design has potential and shows that the author is committed to it, I go out of my way to point out specific issues and get it approved. I hope the authors here can attest to that.

As to telling authors that their designs suck and need to be thrown out, I really, really don’t like doing it. I know how crushing it is—Jarel asked me to GTFO with my design 2-3 years earlier.

@mafloral: Kailoon and I agree that the styling of the core content needs tweaking and attention to detail. That is pretty much what I stated in the review. Apologies if I wasn’t more explicit with that—I honestly believed I was.

@izithemes I concur with Kailoon’s notes. Couldn’t have said it better.

119 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
izithemes says

This mean my theme would certainly be rejected? (whether I try it many times), because you’re my reviewer, it will better if you can tell me to stop work.

607 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Blog Editor
  • Forum Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+9 more
Siddharth Reviewer says

This mean my theme would certainly be rejected? (whether I try it many times), because you’re my reviewer, it will better if you can tell me to stop work.

See, how can I say anything here? The magnitude and scope of the changes you make it completely upto you and dictates whether it’s going to be approved or now. Without seeing the revision itself, I can’t, and won’t, blindly state anything here.

Kailoon said this earlier:

Good start, but I think it lacks of uniqueness. Further, there are many aspects need improvements. The current design, element placements, balance of white space failed express the concept or make it stand out as a premium theme.

If you do manage to follow the overall scope of what he’s saying, I’m sure either Kailoon or I will be able to provide you with specific feedback to get it approved. The granularity of our feedback, I think, is directly proportional to the research and effort put into it. One thing we really can’t help you with is how to make a design unique though. The rest, we’re more than happy to help with.

150 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
designsatnight says

See, how can I say anything here? The magnitude and scope of the changes you make it completely upto you and dictates whether it’s going to be approved or now. Without seeing the revision itself, I can’t, and won’t, blindly state anything here.

Good start, but I think it lacks of uniqueness. Further, there are many aspects need improvements. The current design, element placements, balance of white space failed express the concept or make it stand out as a premium theme.
If you do manage to follow the overall scope of what he’s saying, I’m sure either Kailoon or I will be able to provide you with specific feedback to get it approved. The granularity of our feedback, I think, is directly proportional to the research and effort put into it. One thing we really can’t help you with is how to make a design unique though. The rest, we’re more than happy to help with.

so my design here is not unique enough? link that’s the problem?

119 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
izithemes says

@Siddharth: Yes, I have resubmited and waiting from you.

For a humanitarian, if my theme get a rejection again, you should tell me continue with current design or create new one.

Thanks a lots, Siddharth.

206 posts
  • Greece
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
corethemes says

I recently got rejected for the second time, and it was a bit disheartening. Yet, after leaving a support ticket, the reviewer gave me a bit of insight, so maybe you can do that.

Also, I’ve read in some threads here, that a generic answer without specific feedback usually means that the template is quite far off standards. I’m not giving up though, I WILL make it! :-)

By the way, since noone answers in my thread, and I see that two reviewers are posting here, could you please spare a second to comment on my progress (if it’s OK to do so within the forums themselves)?
http://roussounelosweb.gr/quartz1.2

PS: Agree with iKreativ, rejection makes me stronger!

92 posts
  • Exclusive Author
e8j1osla says

@routsounmanman

i’m not a pro designer or something, but ummm… you really need to work alot on you’re spacing,

206 posts
  • Greece
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
corethemes says

@routsounmanman i’m not a pro designer or something, but ummm… you really need to work alot on you’re spacing,

Thanks for your time; yes, I agree, spacing and typography need the most work.

2159 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

so my design here is not unique enough? link that’s the problem?

Hey dude

I think this one is really good and also unique, I think it would do good on TF.

Cheers

Lester

by
by
by
by
by
by