185 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
ThemeBuddies says

I am working on a theme and I am trying to get it up to ThemeForest standards. To that end, I have added the tgm plugin class to get the plugins needed for the site. I am trying to get ninja-forms and when I activate the plugin, I get this error that says the plugin has generated unexpected output. I don’t get it if I install the plugin by itself outside the class, only when i use the activation class. Is this normal? Things are working, I just want to get rid of the error if I can.

require_once dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php';

add_action( 'tgmpa_register', 'myTheme_register_required_plugins' );

function myTheme_register_required_plugins() {

/**
     * Array of plugin arrays. Required keys are name and slug.
     * If the source is NOT from the .org repo, then source is also required.
     */
        $plugins = array(

array(
            'name'                     => 'Ninja Forms', // The plugin name
            'slug'                     => 'ninja-forms', // The plugin slug (typically the folder name)
            'source'                   => get_template_directory_uri() . '/inc/plugins/ninja-forms.zip', // The plugin source
            'required'                 => true, // If false, the plugin is only 'recommended' instead of required
            'version'                 => '2.2.44', // E.g. 1.0.0. If set, the active plugin must be this version or higher, otherwise a notice is presented
            'force_activation'         => false, // If true, plugin is activated upon theme activation and cannot be deactivated until theme switch
            'force_deactivation'     => false, // If true, plugin is deactivated upon theme switch, useful for theme-specific plugins
            'external_url'             => '', // If set, overrides default API URL and points to an external URL
        ),

);

// Change this to your theme text domain, used for internationalising strings
    $theme_text_domain = 'myTheme';

/**
     * Array of configuration settings. Amend each line as needed.
     * If you want the default strings to be available under your own theme domain,
     * leave the strings uncommented.
     * Some of the strings are added into a sprintf, so see the comments at the
     * end of each line for what each argument will be.
     */
    $config = array(
        'domain'               => $theme_text_domain,             // Text domain - likely want to be the same as your theme.
        'default_path'         => '',                             // Default absolute path to pre-packaged plugins
        'parent_menu_slug'     => 'themes.php',                 // Default parent menu slug
        'parent_url_slug'     => 'themes.php',                 // Default parent URL slug
        'menu'                 => 'install-required-plugins',     // Menu slug
        'has_notices'          => true,                           // Show admin notices or not
        'is_automatic'        => true,                           // Automatically activate plugins after installation or not
        'message'             => '',                            // Message to output right before the plugins table
        'strings'              => array(
            'page_title'                                   => __( 'Install Required Plugins', $theme_text_domain ),
            'menu_title'                                   => __( 'Install Plugins', $theme_text_domain ),
            'installing'                                   => __( 'Installing Plugin: %s', $theme_text_domain ), // %1$s = plugin name
            'oops'                                         => __( 'Something went wrong with the plugin API.', $theme_text_domain ),
            'notice_can_install_required'                 => _n_noop( 'This theme requires the following plugin: %1$s.', 'This theme requires the following plugins: %1$s.' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
            'notice_can_install_recommended'            => _n_noop( 'This theme recommends the following plugin: %1$s.', 'This theme recommends the following plugins: %1$s.' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
            'notice_cannot_install'                      => _n_noop( 'Sorry, but you do not have the correct permissions to install the %s plugin. Contact the administrator of this site for help on getting the plugin installed.', 'Sorry, but you do not have the correct permissions to install the %s plugins. Contact the administrator of this site for help on getting the plugins installed.' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
            'notice_can_activate_required'                => _n_noop( 'The following required plugin is currently inactive: %1$s.', 'The following required plugins are currently inactive: %1$s.' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
            'notice_can_activate_recommended'            => _n_noop( 'The following recommended plugin is currently inactive: %1$s.', 'The following recommended plugins are currently inactive: %1$s.' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
            'notice_cannot_activate'                     => _n_noop( 'Sorry, but you do not have the correct permissions to activate the %s plugin. Contact the administrator of this site for help on getting the plugin activated.', 'Sorry, but you do not have the correct permissions to activate the %s plugins. Contact the administrator of this site for help on getting the plugins activated.' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
            'notice_ask_to_update'                         => _n_noop( 'The following plugin needs to be updated to its latest version to ensure maximum compatibility with this theme: %1$s.', 'The following plugins need to be updated to their latest version to ensure maximum compatibility with this theme: %1$s.' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
            'notice_cannot_update'                         => _n_noop( 'Sorry, but you do not have the correct permissions to update the %s plugin. Contact the administrator of this site for help on getting the plugin updated.', 'Sorry, but you do not have the correct permissions to update the %s plugins. Contact the administrator of this site for help on getting the plugins updated.' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
            'install_link'                                   => _n_noop( 'Begin installing plugin', 'Begin installing plugins' ),
            'activate_link'                               => _n_noop( 'Activate installed plugin', 'Activate installed plugins' ),
            'return'                                       => __( 'Return to Required Plugins Installer', $theme_text_domain ),
            'plugin_activated'                             => __( 'Plugin activated successfully.', $theme_text_domain ),
            'complete'                                     => __( 'All plugins installed and activated successfully. %s', $theme_text_domain ), // %1$s = dashboard link
            'nag_type'                                    => 'updated' // Determines admin notice type - can only be 'updated' or 'error'
        )
    );

tgmpa( $plugins, $config );

}
279 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
PrimaThemes says

The issue is on “that” plugin.

You can try to turn your WP_DEBUG off then try again to install that plugin using TGM PA class

340 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Philippines
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
bfintal says

Unfortunately that plugin has issues. Although I’d advise to always keep WP_DEBUG on during development and testing, the theme should not print any warning or error anywhere.

For TGM, this issue got my theme soft rejected: https://github.com/thomasgriffin/TGM-Plugin-Activation/issues/135

Check also the pull requests for other fixes.

5 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
griffinjt says

(Note: I am the developer of TGM Plugin Activation).

I have just pushed out version 2.4.0, which addresses many of the issues found in previous versions. I highly encourage you to check out the updated version and use that in your themes, as it fixes nearly all of the listed bugs and incompatibilities with the theme check process. It is also more efficient as well. :-)

I highly encourage you to check out the update: http://tgmpluginactivation.com/

185 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeBuddies says

I have updated and I still get error messages associated with the plugin

Declaration of TGM_Bulk_Installer_Skin::before() should be compatible with Bulk_Upgrader_Skin::before($title = '')
185 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeBuddies says

Edit: Looks like a second upload has fixed the issue. Maybe the first one didn’t take. The error has gone now.

by
by
by
by
by
by