i know Nitro_Themes, i follow you, :)

382 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

There was a time when Envato treated authors here like assets, and when we request features or didn’t like something – they listened and made changes. This was when the marketplace was still a start-up, and they needed us authors to be happy to grow the business. But now that they’ve achieved a strong footing and following, authors opinions aren’t as important. We also have become more of liability than asset, for example our items can be taken down without notice, as per their new terms and conditions. The Envato Studio banner issue is just another example of using the community to expand the Envato Empire regardless if we object to it’s placement – and why is this? because they don’t really need to keep the majority of authors happy any more, they could easily run their entire business expansion on the top 5% of authors…

I don’t think that simply because you are not a new company anymore you should give up on your startup based values and beliefs. On the contrary. You should be more professional and focused on imposing and following them more closely. Hence Envato should be more and more supportive and attentive of their authors as they get larger, not the other way around.

382 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

Also more to the initial topic: have read this today? https://wordpress.org/about/philosophy/

19 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
QloudPress says

There’s all kinds of companies, and all kinds of software authors.

And things rarely stay the way that they were.

But whether we like it or not, the universe is right on time.

So, you either stay and you lobby, or you vote with your feet.

In my experience, companies are usually too full of their own self-importance or indifference to the individual, to care much about the lobbying, until they miss three quarters in a row.

Its just the way things are.

Terence.

101 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
trippleS says

“You can create unique designs, you can create themes you have never ever dreamed about, you can create designs that stands out from the common themes” – But finally if it gets approved here, everyone will ‘love’ it and every fellow author will comment the best compliments. But one thing is sure: “you will not get good sales as it deserves”.

Most of the designers here are doing theme production for daily living, not for experimenting with web design trends or show-off layouts. If they do it, they need survival, they need decent sales. But it is already proven here that if you need sales you have to go with common design approaches.

We had some unique items rejected earlier in our time here, but those designs were standing out from the crowd here (in good sense, we are sure). But no luck.

This is happening in reality. Then who would take such risks? Sad, but true.

Yes, thats the real fact :)

1588 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

^ sadly this is mostly true :/

6 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
rufncrus says

I find great templates all the time. You’re welcome to view my collections ( http://themeforest.net/user/jnd-enterprises/collections ).

Sometimes I spend 4-5 hours going through themes looking for ones that stand out. You can always buy and customize to your liking. In the past I have purchased two themes at one time and then combined them for a very unique look and feel.

Now I’m trying to build my own. I have almost finished an HTML theme and I am a several weeks away from converting it to a WordPress theme.

by
by
by
by
by
by