• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United States
Siiimple says

Hey all!

I just wanted to take the time to thank the ThemeForest staff and the community. It occurred to me that I’m fortunate. And I wanted to briefly tell my story.

I’ll start by mentioning that aside from designing themes I’m a professional distance runner. I understand this may sound unusual. But the point is it’s a difficult profession – namely because training is very tough, and the rewards are very little. Some years there are no rewards, and it’s difficult to maintain sponsorship in the face of injury or even illness. You basically have to compete for a living and that’s not always easy. This year, especially, has not been easy because I’ve had to face a major injury, loss of a sponsor from the previous year, and – because I’m American – rising medical expenses to treat and heal the injury.

Though it has been difficult, my wife and I had some good news and discovered we will be having a baby! So – again – being American – the financial worries set in. My family has always been supportive, so we always knew that we would be okay. My wife is an unemployed teacher, who has been working constantly to try and find a teaching position, but has always run into a dead end. After all, this America and education jobs are scarce, underfunded, and yet highly competitive.

But I want to thank ThemeForest. Since March I decided I would pursue theme development, and since I’ve had a passion for web design and development it was a natural direction to pursue. I never conceived of the possibility of 8 months or so later selling 1,200 + themes, and being able to help support my wife as she looks for employment, as I train for the Olympic Trials in January, and save for the birth our new child.

I’m very fortunate, and I simply wanted to offer a sincere thanks to ThemeForest for the opportunity to pursue a vocation that I enjoy, while also supporting my others loves – running and my family.

So thank you. :)

Justin from Siiimple

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
JamiGibbs says

Justin,

I’ve swapped (brief) emails with you before and also follow you on Twitter as well and I must say, you’re an awesome dude!

Congrats on your new baby on the way and I’m so happy you’re succeeding on the marketplace! You’re a great addition to the community and I only wish you the best here and also in your running career. :)

Keep us updated on the birth of your baby and your Olympic trials in January!!

2441 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
digitalimpact says

Wow, touching story Justin.

Congrats for being on your way to become a father. And don’t stop running. Both here and out there ;)

674 posts
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Envato Staff
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Support Staff
+7 more
cudazi Staff says

I read your bio the other day and was curious about the professional distance running profession. :) What a challenging sport! Best of luck, you do great work!

562 posts You Reap What You Saw
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Bluz says

Inspiring story Justin, you’re awesome and I’m sure your wife is very proud of you and that you will be a great dad :)

1426 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

Touching …

I wish you best in both your career, don’t forget to keep us updated on the birth of your baby :D

1674 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

Multi-congrats and keep up the good work. Remember: as long as you keep up the good work, you will be unbeatable.

On the other hand, have you considered migrating to Europe or other EN speaking countries? You can greatly increase your chance for getting better health care, cheaper and more satisfactory life. I do not want to interfere in your life, my life is also mixed up with some negative elements, but I already tried my hand with China and I am very open to opportunity. Think about it.

Multi-congrats again.

68 posts Siiimple
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Siiimple says

Thanks for the well wishes! I’ll keep everyone updated! Exciting, but a little scary too :)

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

What an awesome and inspiring story @siiimple – I wish you and your family the very best of success, happiness and many blessings – you rock! :)

Jonathan

97 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • India
QuadCodes says

Hey, Congrats Man !

by
by