3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Hello creative nation! I hope you are having a rocking day!

Last week I was shopping around AJ looking for awesome tracks and besides was a little difficult to make a final decision among so many talented authors and after some help of plastic, sonicbyte, rob and others found the perfect track for my video. Check it out here:

http://vimeo.com/19089815

(Thanks Derek)

I indeed found some great new authors here and their music rocks! Thanks guys!

Please allow me to make some suggestions as a buyer:

1. Could the dev’s add the option to sort tracks out by length? That will be extremely helpful! I always have a hard time finding short tracks in the range of 30 – 60secs (or 60 secs – 1:30) for short videos but when I search for keywords, then I need to see which tracks are shorter and try to match them to my footage / video.

2. Roll overs for previews! Something discussed before, but that little play button is definitely not helpful or browsing can be improve.

3. Is there any author with a collection of short length tracks? please let me know the link.

4. Is very helpful for a buyer when an author has the “similar tracks” suggestions on their items. Some authors don’t but I really encourage you guys to do it.

5. Is audiojungle still doing audio podcast? Like I remember there was a remix of the most popular songs you can download as a way to preview songs.

6. You have no idea how extremely helpful will be if there was a button there to download a preview of any track with the watermark so buyers can actually preview their projects, videos, etc on their favorite software. Some geek buyers know what to do (like me) but it takes time to download the preview using Firefox extension, etc.

7. There is an incredible helpful software for videomakers call Sonic Fire Pro. Is there any way, that a similar software for AJ can be created? one of the advantages of this software is you can change the length of the tracks in seconds! and you have music libraries. So this software can connect with the AJ database and some tracks / category can be created for this purpose. I dont know about the technical details or the requirements, but just a thought.

The above are suggestions coming out from a super frequent buyer. Hopefully when the new redesign of the marketplaces is coming out, the staff can dedicate sometime to listen to buyers suggestions.

Anyways, gotta go, a have tons of work and clients are waiting…Have an awesome day guys!

3135 posts
+4 more
Daniel_R says

I was thinking also on another idea to help authors promote their tracks. From now on, when I use music from AJ for one of my projects, I will credit the author from AJ for the music and also include the link to his / her AJ portfolio. Maybe other buyers can do the same or authors can stimulate buyers to help them out. Remember, sharing is caring.

Later

33 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
coinmaster says

Hey Daniel,

Those are some awesome suggestions for both AJ devs and authors (like me).

I’ll be taking your suggestion on board regarding shorter tracks – that’s something I haven’t really focused on in the past, but now you mention it a selection of tracks at those lengths could be quite useful :)

Cheers and thanks for supporting Audiojungle!

130 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
AudioQuattro says

Hi Daniel,

on point 6:

As far as I know you can easily download the watermarked preview version of any track by clicking the download icon next to the loop button on the right edge of the audio player.

Cheers, Ralf

734 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
plastic3 says
Hello, Daniel! Great video and suggestions! I’ll try to do “similar tracks” links on some of my tracks pages…

Is there any author with a collection of short length tracks? please let me know the link.
Yes, i can give one such link:

http://audiojungle.net/collections/487324-music-loops-collection-just-for-5-7

Hope, it will be useful for you!:)

1049 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
Sonicbyte says

good suggestions, thanks

289 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
rtofvnt says

That was one of the most constructive input from buyers by now.

Small suggestion – check authors collections – very often (at least me) we collect similar tracks in collections as its very easy.

Another one – why you’re not finding download button ? Have a closer look at player.

Anyway … thanks for good words about authors.

Regards to you.

2669 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Hey Daniel! Thanks so much for the feedback, that’s very kind of you to take the time to respond! :-) Here are some answers to your questions:

1. Sort by length: We have a long term solution planned with our new search overhaul but I’ll see what we can do short term as I admit that it’s something that we definitely need to improve sooner rather than later. Meanwhile, here’s a little tip on how to search for a track with a specific duration you are looking for:

http://audiojungle.net/browse/attributes/length/0:30

Just change the value at the end of the above link. :)

2. Rollovers for previews: Possibly. :)

3. Authors with short length tracks: See my solution above to answer #1.

4. Similar Tracks: Some authors already do this, and I’m sure those that don’t is because it takes a lot of time to do it manually on all their item pages, especially authors with large portfolios. Great idea for authors though. :)

5. Podcast: Yes! See here.

6. Download watermarked previews: We already have this functionality:

7. Sonic Fire Pro: Sorry, we have no immediate plans to offer this functionality.

Thanks again, Daniel, we appreciate the feedback! :)

693 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+7 more
OhmLab says

Once again, Daniel, you have provided all of us with some of the best feedback and thanks for sharing your project!

3135 posts
+4 more
Daniel_R says

I didnt know about the previews! wow..I missed that…thanks guys and scott for the detail answers.

thanks Scott also for that tip on searching that is extremely helpful. How does that shortcode relate to other marketplaces? can I search for specific pricing on other marketplaces?

thanks again all…

by
by
by
by
by
by