15 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+2 more
ShapingRain says

I second that, this does not tell us if we are allowed to use those images in Banners for example, which have a width of eg. 2000px but only a height of 800px.

Still very confused…

264 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Prothemeus says

Still waiting for an official reply.

1823 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+12 more
SamBerson says

I second that, this does not tell us if we are allowed to use those images in Banners for example, which have a width of eg. 2000px but only a height of 800px. Still very confused…

+1

5576 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

The official info is contained here – http://themeforest.net/licenses/photodune_regular

You can’t use an Item in a digital format at a resolution greater than 1200×800 pixels, unless the Item is incorporated into a digital product (like a website design) such that the Item can’t be extracted.

This applies to PhotoDune items that are in your previews or are included (with permission by the author) in your main files. Down the line that size restriction may be increased, but currently it is set at those dimensions.

604 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Located in United States
+3 more
GravityDept says

That kind of restriction is ridiculous, and realistically will be entirely ignored.

There are hundreds of millions of retina displays in circulation, and billions of displays with resolution above 1200×800. If Envato sells a 20MP photograph it’s absurd to prohibit use above 2MP. That’s only appeasing the lawyers. Legitimate buyers will do what is reasonable with their purchase I think, even if that means bending the “official” license terms.

10 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
borisvs says

And what if you purchase the extended license? Is it then allowed to use the items at a greater resolution? Because I would like to use them in the slider of my theme (1800×700).

by
by
by
by
by
by