I have no idea of how to build a website but for whatever reason I have been assigned the task of building one for the non-profit foundation that I work for – The Swedenborg Foundation (Swedenborg.com). We are primarily a book publishing company that is trying to figure out how to make all of our products available in digital format for free and in print format for a fee. We are also interested in having our site being a place where people can interact. Right now the group of people that I am working for is leaning towards a metro style/responsive theme. Our distributor let us know that we can’t use HTML5. I don’t know why this is, just yet, but from what I can tell so far, most of themes that I like use HTML5. I think it has something to do with how our bookstore links up with their system.
I would greatly appreciate any information and guidance that anyone can provide.
Thank you, Brian
I’m interested to know the actual reason why you can’t use HTML5, could you find out?
Thank you for replying. I’ll get an answer to that on Monday. Thanks again.
CANNOT get an answer that I understand yet. Below is the latest answer I received:
1. “You can use HTML5 on your site. However, if you don’t want to use the generic look and feel of the shopping cart (https://cdcshoppingcart.uchicago.edu/Cart/Cart.aspx?ISBN=0814211550), the design and style for your customized shopping cart that look and feel like your web site cannot contain any HTML5 element since we cannot implement it on our site.”
2. “Our developers will create a new cart page for Swedenborg based on your new web layout. And you will connect to the new cart page just like you do now via URL hyperlink Add top Cart buttons. As long as your site uses html files and css style sheets, there shouldn’t be any problems. Please note that we do not currently support HTML5.”
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.