87 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wattscreative says

Hi all,

As the subject suggests, I’m looking for some advise on the best plugins out there to offer freebie & premium files for download on my wordpress site (freebies mainly).

Requirements would be, multiple format support (.zip, .pdf, .rar etc) a nice back-end for full management of files and customizable front-end options to integrate within posts via templates or similar setup once processes.

I’m aware of a few popular options but am interested to see what experiences others have had and how they’ve integrated them.

Also if possible please feel free to provide links for examples where appropriate and relevant.

Thanks in advance y’all!

1236 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
HarveyDesign Volunteer moderator says

Have a look at the plugin “WordPress Download Monitor” – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/download-monitor/

It’s probably the most-used downloads plugin currently and many similar sites to what you want use it. :)

1619 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says
wattscreative said
Hi all,

As the subject suggests, I’m looking for some advise on the best plugins out there to offer freebie & premium files for download on my wordpress site (freebies mainly).

Requirements would be, multiple format support (.zip, .pdf, .rar etc) a nice back-end for full management of files and customizable front-end options to integrate within posts via templates or similar setup once processes.

I’m aware of a few popular options but am interested to see what experiences others have had and how they’ve integrated them.

Also if possible please feel free to provide links for examples where appropriate and relevant.

Thanks in advance y’all!

I’m using Download Counter, real easy to use and a status panel on how many times the file has been downloaded. As I’m using Amazon S3 for my files this plugin gives me exactly what I want and need as I get a custom URL for each item I add to the counter. This way I can use which format I’d like on the file, it’s perfect for me!

Not sure if that’s what you’re after, but I love it!

87 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wattscreative says

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

I’ve installed and am looking into ‘Download Monitor’ at the moment, I’d looked briefly before but was put off by the last updated date! However, on further investigation it seems pretty spot on for my needs and offers further functionality if and when required!

Is that last updated date correct, untouched for 9 months?

by
by
by
by
by
by