330 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
PaulWinslow says

This isn’t good is it lol.. I can’t even access certain categories ‘cause the drop-down is just too tall.. I was trying to look at PSD templates which disappears below my fold. Anyone with the same resolution (or smaller) will have this problem, also.

381 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
redfactory says

Just use the scrollwheel to scroll down the dropdown menu, like you would do on any website.

330 posts
+2 more
PaulWinslow says

You mean the scrollwheel on a mouse? I’m using a laptop without a mouse so I don’t have one..

But my point here wasn’t just that I, myself, can’t access those links.. I was thinking about users/buyers coming to the site.. I guarantee you 9/10 everyday pc users wouldn’t know how to get to those bottoms links.. so it’s a usability issue.

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

It’s already been discussed as a problem although I don’t know what the solution will be:

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/lets-discuss-the-categories-dropdown-changes/38198

2457 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I love every Envato site for their simplicity and scarce use of animations and stuff like that.

But… maybe something like Chris Coyier’s solution?

I guarantee you 9/10 everyday pc users wouldn’t know how to get to those bottoms links.. so it’s a usability issue.

It is a usability issue, but how would you know? Do you have access to Envato’s analytics to see what are the most used resolutions when viewing marketplaces?

You mean the scrollwheel on a mouse? I’m using a laptop without a mouse so I don’t have one..

You can still scroll on your touchpad, right? :)

18 posts
  • Located in United States
kevinrio says

Why can’t they just implement a multi-level drop-down for those links that are nested?

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

slap a mega menu on that sucka and call it done – here’s the code devs – shouldn’t take more than a few hours to implement and style

http://www.sohtanaka.com/web-design/examples/mega-dropdowns/

;)

330 posts
+2 more
PaulWinslow says

It is a usability issue, but how would you know? Do you have access to Envato’s analytics to see what are the most used resolutions when viewing marketplaces?

Stupid comment. You just said yourself it’s an issue, completely contradicting yourself. So I ask you.. how would YOU know? Do you have such access to said data?

Didn’t think so, genius.

2457 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Stupid comment. You just said yourself it’s an issue, completely contradicting yourself. So I ask you.. how would YOU know? Do you have such access to said data?

Didn’t think so, genius.

Did you read or scan? :)

Let’s try one more time, nice and slow.

I admitted it is an issue, quoted your whole sentence (not just the usability part) and asked how would you know…

Here, I’ll translate what that means, no need to make an effort trying to understand what I was referring to:

It is a usability issue, but how would you know 9/10 users won’t get to those bottom links?

Calling my comment stupid doesn’t make you any better. But I guess we all have our boundaries, right? Or is it called useless, not-called-for self-defense?...

EDIT : forgot to answer your question.

I don’t know, that’s why I asked :P

330 posts
+2 more
PaulWinslow says

Mate, seriously… think about it… if you have to dispute that the majority of users wouldn’t have access to those links then what is it, to you, that forms the usability issue in the first place? Really think about it before you make yourself sound any more of a clown here… you’re agreeing to the key issue (the end) and then disputing the reasoning (the means) !

Why do YOU think this would be a usability issue? What grounds are you basing that on if you think mine are questionable?

Jesus christ.. I mean do you really not see my point? How can you agree it’s a valid usability issue but then question my reasoning for what makes it this issue in the first place??

by
by
by
by
by
by