40 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
oscardog says

Hey,

Basically I’m coming close to finishing my first template. I don’t particularly want to make it up as HTML /CSS or even a WP theme unless I know it’s going to be accepted… So would it be OK to submit it as just a PSD , if it gets accepted then go on to make the HTML /CSS and WP versions and release those after?

It just seems silly to produce it all and then for all two or three to get rejected.

Also, a lot of themes use Pixar screens and images in their designs as placeholders… Anyone know where people get these from? I tried Googling but couldn’t find much.

Thanks in advance!

1021 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

The problem with the order PSD >HTML>WP is that the design standards are highest for PSD . A theme that might be accepted as WordPress might be rejected as a PSD . This is because the features of the WordPress theme can make up for a less than stellar design. So sadly, the safest route is HTML or WordPress first.

530 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Croatia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
darius9000 says

do not make that mistake because most of the themes i sell here were rejected as PSD but they get accepted as xHTML template. so, if you think that your theme is OK, go ahead and upload it as HTML even if it is not approved as PSD .

by
by
by
by
by
by