309 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Austria
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
squaredWeb says

While i love the article for the insight into their mind – which i always think is very interesting – i cant shake the feeling that they hired the same guys who “improved” the pepsi logo for the splash screens.

751 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CyberShot says

I agree, I very much dislike the changes they made. I think they should have left the design alone and just added the new features.

7370 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

maybe someone should send them a link to dribbble.

I’m not considering myself a good designer (or even a designer) but give me two days and I would had come up with something similar with those average squares and ugly color shapes overlay.

too many times so called “top designers” get to work on heavy budget projects and come up with random crap. The examples are numerous, just look at some of the sport events.

5944 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

frankly those new splash screens suck big time. No balance in those squares and blurry shapes.

the icons are practical, just some squares and two characters, nothing outstanding but at least they work.

Adobe thinks I can’t recognize and memorize couple of icons yet I have no trouble identifying hundreds of icons from different applications I have or had installed on my system (not counting games ) at some point

like look at this mess, it will never get approved for sale on this marketplace

Looks like they are inclined towards dark bg. With the gray and white bg, that doesn’t looks great. Obviously least appealing one allocated for Flash :P

btw, the above one reminds me 2Advansed’s v5 theme.

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

+1 I’m agree also with Doru this is not a pro level work ,it wont pass the minimum standard on envato submission

5944 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

Poor Adobe, although the color spectrum has wide variety; they failed to realize that only few of the colors can be appealing to human/social capabilities. They are trying to open wider spectrum to allocate more products; that is unnecessary because not everyone going to install all the products from Master collection. They should first come-out from color spectrum approach to point individual software.

This is an example of how branding extremists fails to achieve relevance. Separating this into 12 is a crime against humanity. We can find many pairs looks same for human eyes :D

\\

177 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
xdkd says
btw, the above one reminds me 2Advanced’s v5 theme.

Hmm… )

1 post
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
PaquitoFlores says

Just thinking that an entire team went into the making of these icons baffles me. The outcome is obviously not favorable by any means. Just listening to all the feedback in the comments is heartbreaking. Poor Adobe team, they could have hired ONE individual to work on the icons and splash screens. Countless iterations didn’t help them at all… Anyone who likes these is NOT a great designer.

689 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
cooledition says

HO-RRI-BLE

594 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
designcise says

...like look at this mess, it will never get approved for sale on this marketplace

lol definitely!

by
by
by
by
by
by