2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Hashterix says

I just bought a layout from themeforest and it charged me fine. It added it to my account fine. I try and download it, but the download fails. Now the site won’t let me try again, even though it is the same ip address attempting to download the same file within seconds.

This needs fixing, it is incredibly annoying and unnecessary.

I can understand restricting downloads of an item for various reasons including reducing the site’s bandwidth usage. But I can’t understand restricting something you purchase to one download attempt, when even to reach that you need to be logged in.

What if my internet cut out temporarily (as it does) while I was downloading it? I wouldn’t be to try again until tomorrow. What if the file I download is corrupt? I wouldn’t be able to try again until tomorrow.

My first experience of this site, not a great first impression.

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

Hi Hashterix,

So sorry you’re having issues downloading the file. We do have a limit on how many times you can download a file in a 24 hour period and it looks like you may have triggered that limit.

You mentioned that your internet was cutting out so maybe that’s the reason it kept logging multiple downloads from your account on the file. Do you have a more reliable connection for downloading by chance?

38 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
fireform says

Hello, Jami! After the first update Felis – Flexible & Multipurpose html/css template was allowed for sale with Provocateur WP inside. It just bought around 7 times WP theme for 15$ :( !!! Why do we need review system if no one checked the archive before sale?

After the second updates (Felis HTML and Provocateur WP) users can not download my last 2 items after the updates. Links to to files are dead, and indeed I myself can not download files.

I wrote at Support ([#184569]: Item or File Issues – fireform), but it is silence only.

Regards, Evgeny

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Hashterix says
||+519452|JamiGibbs said-|| Hi Hashterix,

So sorry you’re having issues downloading the file. We do have a limit on how many times you can download a file in a 24 hour period and it looks like you may have triggered that limit.

You mentioned that your internet was cutting out so maybe that’s the reason it kept logging multiple downloads from your account on the file. Do you have a more reliable connection for downloading by chance?

Looks like Virgin Media’s connections are going up and down constantly this second because of maintenance or something. Even now I’m having to use my phone’s internet.

+10 more
JamiGibbs says
||+519493|Hashterix said-|| Looks like Virgin Media’s connections are going up and down constantly this second because of maintenance or something. Even now I’m having to use my phone’s internet.

This may be our culprit. We have a daily limit of 20 downloads so your internet cutting in and out may have triggered that countdown. Rest assured, we do allow you to download your purchased file more than once.

This limit will automatically lift after 24 hours so perhaps your internet connection will stabilize by then and you can try again. :)

+10 more
JamiGibbs says

@fireform It’s common courtesy not to start a new topic in a thread that someone else has started. Regardless, I’ll take a look (or another staff member) at your ticket as soon as we can.

38 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
fireform says

Sorry for offtopic. Thanks, but Siddharth repaired links just a hour ago. And how about this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19196819/letter.jpg and some other letters? Thanks

+10 more
JamiGibbs says
||+519540|fireform said-|| Sorry for offtopic. Thanks, but Siddharth repaired links just a hour ago. And how about this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19196819/letter.jpg and some other letters? Thanks

Please reply to the ticket.

2 posts
AdamsFarid says

it was happened with me but i know where the problem ,, The idm is the problem .. when u have low internet speed the idm try to change url link from it self and try to renew it from themeforest server or amazon and then make problem bro ,, idm ””

by
by
by
by
by
by