• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Basspartout says

Hey folks,
discovered this new product here along with Tim’s tune and thought that’s worth sharing here.
Has anybody tried the ‘Eyeball’ on a mic yet? The descriptions and customer reviews sound very impressive…. Tim, maybe ask them to give you one for a review in exchange for your song, how about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAa-NvKm5vg
Cheers
Basspartout
273 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
JumaStudios says

Thats a great piece of acoustic treatment…really good for recording outside the comfort of your studio. But…199 dollars? Is it just me or its a little bit overpriced?

1545 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

That’s a really cool idea! They made a bit of a dodgy edit on the song to make lyrics come in early though. If it works, I don’t think it’s overpriced at all :)

111 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Norway
AlexStokke says

I’m a little sceptic to trapping a microphone inside such a small enclosure, as to how it will affect the sound character. I suppose it is positive that it is circular. Being so small and light, I can’t imagine it will help more than a standard vocal microhpone guard, or even hanging a heavy rug behing singer and microphone (which is free).

850 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
JohnRosso says

I think it can absorb only high frequencies. I wanna find some average people’s reviews, but no commercials. BTW, great to hear AJ music in the video

342 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Australia
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
soundtrove says

Thats a great piece of acoustic treatment…really good for recording outside the comfort of your studio. But…199 dollars? Is it just me or its a little bit overpriced?

No it’s not you – it is overpriced. What a joke.

187 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Music-Smith says

199 dollars for a bit of foam! I like the concept of the invention as opposed to the larger reflection filters though.

187 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Music-Smith says

I think it can absorb only high frequencies. I wanna find some average people’s reviews, but no commercials. BTW, great to hear AJ music in the video

Yea foam like that only really deals with mid-high frequencies. Room resonances would still be a problem.

11 posts
  • Finland
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Werihukka says

Placing foam that close to the microphone propaply only change the frequency response (due to compfiltering) and directionality of the microphone and nothing else. For the price, you can actually treat a room to have decent acoustics instead or make a vocal booth inside a room. The foam over the microphone is not going to reduce reflections in the room. You’d have to sing with your head inside a foam ball to do that, haha :)

The problem is not in the microphone, so why try fixing the microphone?

But of course there will be people who think this is a fantastic idea, because it’s easier than dealing with the real problem.

273 posts
  • Germany
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
JumaStudios says

Right on Werihukka! And really…with 200 dollars you can really do some fantastic treatment of the room. They might say (as in their advertising videos) that its great for outdoors recording…but then again…who is doing that?

by
by
by
by
by
by