• Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

...I’d like to share some thoughts :)

This latest bundle was offering some specific files from CC and TF with a discount close to the 90% (294$ value for 30$).

We all agree that this is a good way to attract new buyers, but at the same time we’ve also assisted to some authors celebrating (cuz their files were included in the bundle) and some complaining (cuz they were not included and probably because they’ve noticed a drop in sales during the bundle release).

Now, trying to think about a way to make everybody happy, I came out with an idea: instead of bundling some specific files why Envato doesn’t sell a bundle code that would let people to buy any file they want with that awesome discount?

Doing in this way buyers would be able to create their own bundle (this would be very appealing) and at the same time all the authors would be part of the party.

Obviously from the setting page of our account we authors could have the option to opt in or out (in case we don’t want to sell our files with that huge discount, like we do with the licenses).

So, I’ll try to be more clear with an example (cuz my english suck) :D

Let’s say it’s time for the ActiveDen bundle.

Envato will sell this bundle coupon (an unique personal code) that buyers will enter everytime they will buy a file.

Buyers will have the discount untill they will reach the total of 300$ of purchases, so if they buy 10 30$ templates they will pay each one 3$ and then their code will expire.

I know that this would require some dev work for Envato, but it would be a great way to promote all the files, all the authors, attracting more buyers…

What do you guys think?

Cheers!

1733 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
VisualSharing says

I still can’t understand how come buyers with 400+ purchases get no discount…

The bundle idea is nice.

711 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
+4 more
plastic3 says

Super and very simple idea, ParkerAndKent!

1246 posts
  • Greece
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
zefs says

Great idea, but still I don’t think it will make everyone happy.

I think buyers would only choose to buy best seller files, so mostly templates. But like it is right now, there is a chance that Envato might pick up something different and include it on the bundle, giving a chance to more authors.

But overall I like the idea.

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says
Great idea, but still I don’t think it will make everyone happy. I think buyers would only choose to buy best seller files, so mostly templates. But like it is right now, there is a chance that Envato might pick up something different and include it on the bundle, giving a chance to more authors.

I think in this way buyers would buy what they need… if they need a file made by a very new author they will buy that one… I don’t see why they would buy only from top authors.

At least everybody would have the same chances to be part of the promotion.

6767 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

it will never happen.

- if an item of 30$ is sold for 3$, you can have more exposure if you will give the item for free.

- the idea of a bundle is to provide envato with money. a general discount of 270$ dollars is not the same as the bundle. is subtle but I will not enter in details here because I made myself bad enough in front of envato staff. anyway is not the same. a general discount is not envato as an author.

- no author that has a file in a bundle will provide support for that item. the bundle is sold as it is. in the discount case, you will need to offer support to someone that paid your item 3$. I know that authors are not obligated in any case, but we all know how this ends, angry people, bad ratings and the rest.

2671 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
Chuckanucka says

won’t this just mean many buyers will wait until the next bundle before buying the files they want?

I think a better option would be to have discounts linked to how much money you deposit at a time .. you know like every other stock site :-)

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says
it will never happen.

- if an item of 30$ is sold for 3$, you can have more exposure if you will give the item for free.

- the idea of a bundle is to provide envato with money. a general discount of 270$ dollars is not the same as the bundle. is subtle but I will not enter in details here because I made myself bad enough in front of envato staff. anyway is not the same. a general discount is not envato as an author.

- no author that has a file in a bundle will provide support for that item. the bundle is sold as it is. in the discount case, you will need to offer support to someone that paid your item 3$. I know that authors are not obligated in any case, but we all know how this ends, angry people, bad ratings and the rest.

Good point.

In any case the “purchased strip” could be disabled if the file has been purchased using the bundle discount… with a database everything is possible :)

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says
won’t this just mean many buyers will wait until the next bundle before buying the files they want?

Sure, but bundles should be released anytime, without any prior advice… obviously if they are scheduled to happen every month your point is absolutely valid.

In any case, as the staff has already said, new bundles will come… so I’m just trying to brainstorm to see if this initiative could be made in a more efficient way.

3007 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says
Hello. I think the bundle idea is great but with some limitations, like so:
  • 2 items with half price a.k.a 2 items for the price of 1 ( if the price is equal, if not every item with half price + support included )
  • 4 items with half price a.k.a 4 items for the price of 2 ( if the price is equal, if not every item with half price + support included )
  • 6 items with half price a.k.a 6 items for the price of 3 ( if the price is equal, if not every item with half price + support included )
and so on…i think this will please everybody who participates to the promotion….
this is just a suggestion….
by
by
by
by
by
by