• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+1 more
RimmonTrieu says
Mufaddal said
writing such comments on the forums of a flash market good going guys good going -1

True and I am not interested in arguing dead or alive situation, if someone feels they need to survive by other technology feel free to do whatever you want. My point it there are sill enthusiastic people around here and have different belief. Saying negative thing about the technology which this marketplace is all about is very bad influence to everyone.

556 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
ThemeScience says
RimV said
Mufaddal said
writing such comments on the forums of a flash market good going guys good going -1
True and I am not interested in arguing death or alive situation, if someone feels they need to survive by other technology feel free to do whatever you want. My point it there are sill enthusiastic people around here and have different belief. Saying negative thing about the technology which this marketplace is all about is very bad influence to everyone.

If your implying that I was negative about Flash, I wasn’t trying to be. I was only stating the facts and was basing these facts upon an article From Adobe’s Official Website.

Like I said, I do love Flash and will continue to work with the Technology as long as its around. But I was only sharing what i know, and whether its negative or not, it is what it is.

Im sorry you guys feel that way about what I said, but i was only trying to help show you that there are new possibilities in this new digital landscape in hopes that you will be able to navigate them more efficiently.

By the way, Flash and Flex already play well with HTML5 .

556 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
ThemeScience says

By the way The person who wrote that Article happens to be an Author here on AD.

1246 posts
  • Greece
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
zefs says
codempire said
Enabled said
Flash is dead. Too many developers, to little jobs. Evolve to HTML5 . Can’t beat them, join them. The only optimal way.
Sad but true…..

Technology evolves, life evolves. There were smartphones, then there were smartphones that can run flash and non-flash games which was a huge impact. A lot of people knew flash by playing mini flash games on their computers.

If Adobe does not evolve and research new flash technologies, and advertise then ofcourse it will die. Flash is hard to work with, and the mass prefers fast and easy ways to consume information and build their projects. Lot’s of topics together but nothing else matters.

METALLICA FTW

4147 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

@Rimv, I am not trying to start another argument thread. I just noticed the work flow I have in these days. I get 1 Flash project per month(or none) and 5 html/html5 projects, when, 1 year ago, it was the exact opposite.

It’s sad but I even get requests to code ads in jQuery rather than Flash. I am not talking about what each technology can do. Believe me, I will not code my life away trying to port something from Flash to HTML5 and not being able to get the full cross browser compatibility that flash offers. But again. Flash has died. If I were to work solely with Flash now, my freelancing days would have died as well.

The time it takes to code a simple HTML5 page with a few animations in jQuery is a quarter of the time it takes me to do the same in Flash, plus I can get mobile compatibility for my customers which is an extra bonus for me .

I`m not talking about what they can do. When it comes to power, Flash is a Ferrari and HTML5 is a Radio Flyer… The sad part of the whole thing is that I have frash on my iPad ( the jailbreak feature that runs flash ) and believe me, if Flash would have still been around on the iPad… oh boy… The possibilities are endless.

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

Of course i could be wrong, but i’m pretty astonished about not reading anywhere when talking about the future of flash one of the most attractive markets for this techonology (apart from games): Online TV. Not only for players and stuff, but to manage realtime contents in this visual environment, both home and mobiles market.

You may know i’m far from being a real (and good) developer, so maybe i’m getting a wrong point of view, but i really see huge potential there for Adobe to invest in.

3868 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
flashjunkie says
bobocel said
This is not good news, it’s bad news.

So even if Flash may eventually disappear from browsers, it remains an excellent cross-platform technology.

Let me split that up:

1. Flash [may eventually] / will disappear from browsers.

2. it remains an excellent cross-platform technology / it isn’t, and it won’t be, for anything more than games.

I hope they are really pushing Flash on the desktop/browsers, otherwise Flash is doomed.

Yup, Flash is strugging, got myself a Job as a Flex developer for web/desktop/mobile, spent a long time looking for fulltime Flash work and struggled…

I really really hope flash makes a comeback, but in the meantime i’m happy using AS and Flex for software development :)

3072 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

Well.. at least now we know what Flash will become > Software to build apps.
I’ve heard apps sell pretty good also.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
RimmonTrieu says
Enabled said

The time it takes to code a simple HTML5 page with a few animations in jQuery is a quarter of the time it takes me to do the same in Flash, plus I can get mobile compatibility for my customers which is an extra bonus for me .

Sorry but I can’t just agree with this, are you saying markup and AS1 like syntax language make it faster development time than Flash for animation (built in timeline + tween library). No offense but I think there must be something seriously wrong in your workflow. And please don’t even mention about html5 on mobile it’s dreadfully slow comparing to plugin.

I’ll shut up now, argument is boring, it just cringes me when someone tries to predict future fate of Flash with their own perspective.

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Bunch of crap talk :D, i don’t understand this continues post regarding flash.

OK your sells are slow here we all know that, but your overall flash business ` is also slow, i guess you are not a flasher in nature .can’t take the hit cos` slow incoming flash work? OK find a new job, just please stop with this Cry baby stuff regarding flash, its start to get really boring reading this kind of posts on a regular day base, and it’s not doing any good .

I cackling Matt… he was a true cry baby person, but the man had a cry-baby personality. Today i see lots of flash Cry-baby stuff with no personality , ho well……

by
by
by
by
by
by