4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Bottom line you go with the overall trend, so OK we all dig flash but our income come first.

Flash strong case is where you do stuff no other tec`/plug in can mimic no matter what Parker say (yes you again).

I must say the amount of dev` that jumping from the flash ship for other tec` amazed me .

Still if you are good flasher i don’t think you need to worry much, but if you’re main income is from small stock market app` over the web or if you are solo AS2 dev`, you better start worry.

Looking at the amount of sells base on last new 100 items submitting on AD describe the problem well , although i always state AD or other sell micro stock are not represent flash popularity ,still if that’s your main income you are in a big problem

1315 posts
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says
pezflash said
Found this today.
http://the-planet-zero.com Nice to see companies and people investing in innovative concepts for websites, instead of the plain boring present we have nowadays. Yes, it’s flash, but who cares? Is a nice site, wonderfully developed and designed.

very cool. i’m really gonna miss flash if it dies, I’m an old timer coding in it for 8+ years. flash rocks and I don’t care what anyone else says… :)

good news, there’s still PLENTY of us out there in the world without i-pads and mobile phones that won’t use flash… many people like me still use a regular desktop computer or laptop for 99%+ of our computing.. so flash will still be around forever.

at least I’ll keep using flash forever… no matter what. harumph.

1612 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+9 more
DaniMun says
graphic4444 said
[...]

flash rocks and I don’t care what anyone else says… :)

good news, there’s still PLENTY of us out there in the world without i-pads and mobile phones that won’t use flash… many people like me still use a regular desktop computer or laptop for 99%+ of our computing.. so flash will still be around forever.

at least I’ll keep using flash forever… no matter what. harumph.

Now that’s what I call a positive attitude :)

You rock buddy! I know I can speak on behalf of all of the Flash devs out there in saying we thank you for your continued support!

Thumbs up big time!!!

6090 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

^ Just wondering are you a full time Flasher? Also would like to know how many of us are doing only Flash works :)

My personal case is a tragedy, after 4-5 years, the enjoyment of ‘only Flash works’ came to an end. :P

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says
dimumurray said
pezflash said
Found this today.
http://the-planet-zero.com Nice to see companies and people investing in innovative concepts for websites, instead of the plain boring present we have nowadays. Yes, it’s flash, but who cares? Is a nice site, wonderfully developed and designed.

Wow. Now that is brilliant. I wonder if this was built with one of the currently available flash 3D frameworks (Away3d, Alternativa etc.) or if they made their own custom 3D framework.

The developer is Roxik who also developed ecodazoo.com sometime ago.

One of the most amazing and talented Flash developer today.

Sharikura is his own 3D framework, too bad it is not open source yet.

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

Sharikura, unlike other engines, uses a very low amount of cpu. I’ve read that Roxik ported it from another one which was meant to use for mobile devices and that’s why it runs so smooth. There are some rumors about the release of that engine as open source.

1708 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says
flashedge said
Sharikura, unlike other engines, uses a very low amount of cpu. I’ve read that Roxik ported it from another one which was meant to use for mobile devices and that’s why it runs so smooth. There are some rumors about the release of that engine as open source.

As smooth as it gets…

Really cool experiments. :)

http://temp.roxik.com/
by
by
by
by
by
by