101 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Zanzad says

Most of the new theme in themeforest is responsive web. Is non-responsive web still has a future and the market in the TF?

397 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Monkify says
||+520204|Zanzad said-|| Most of the new theme in themeforest is responsive web. Is non-responsive web still has a future and the market in the TF?

I think that’s hard to say. It’s really only become such a popular thing recently due to the increase in the mobile/tablet market. It will definitely become more widely adapted this year, but I don’t think fixed-width is going away completely anytime soon.

648 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
Dream-Theme says

Responsiveness is a trend here on TF. But nobody is saying that non-responsive WEB is going away. Mobile devices are getting larger screens with larger resolutions. So non-responsive sites are looking good on them.

Moreover, I think that hypertrophied responsiveness as we see it today will pass relatively soon. Giving way for more smart responsive layout: e.g. some elements will be enlarged on mobile devices, but overall look, feel and functions will be the same of non-mobile version.

P.S. All IMHO

1799 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
BroOf says
||+520283|Dream-Theme said-|| Responsiveness is a trend here on TF. But nobody is saying that non-responsive WEB is going away. Mobile devices are getting larger screens with larger resolutions. So non-responsive sites are looking good on them.

Moreover, I think that hypertrophied responsiveness as we see it today will pass relatively soon. Giving way for more smart responsive layout: e.g. some elements will be enlarged on mobile devices, but overall look, feel and functions will be the same of non-mobile version.

P.S. All IMHO

+1

2440 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
digitalimpact says

I think responsive is simply overrated.

I see clients understanding and asking for responsive the same way they currently ask for HTML5 .

By this I don’t mean to say responsive is bad, but rather that it’s a cool train to be on, even if many don’t know if it’s the right train to take :)

814 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
rvision_ says
||+520398|digitalimpact said-|| I think responsive is simply overrated.

I see clients understanding and asking for responsive the same way they currently ask for HTML5 .

By this I don’t mean to say responsive is bad, but rather that it’s a cool train to be on, even if many don’t know if it’s the right train to take :)

+1

Don’t own a smartphone, but browsing regular websites on iPad is almost the same experience as on desktop.

101 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Zanzad says
||+520214|Monkify said-|| I think that’s hard to say. It’s really only become such a popular thing recently due to the increase in the mobile/tablet market. It will definitely become more widely adapted this year, but I don’t think fixed-width is going away completely anytime soon.

I regard it as an option. And hopefully the market also think as I thought…

101 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Zanzad says
||+520283|Dream-Theme said-|| Responsiveness is a trend here on TF. But nobody is saying that non-responsive WEB is going away. Mobile devices are getting larger screens with larger resolutions. So non-responsive sites are looking good on them.

P.S. All IMHO

At least, the option market is now added by this new trend…

101 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Zanzad says
||+520398|digitalimpact said-|| I think responsive is simply overrated.

Needs that will determine, right?

101 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Zanzad says
||+520423|rvision_ said-|| +1 Don’t own a smartphone, but browsing regular websites on iPad is almost the same experience as on desktop.

soon, you will have it and need a responsive web…:)

by
by
by
by
by
by