815 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says
||+521287|Zanzad said-||
||+520423|rvision_ said-|| +1 Don’t own a smartphone, but browsing regular websites on iPad is almost the same experience as on desktop.
soon, you will have it and need a responsive web…:)

no I won’t :)

152 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
seal says

First of all most of the templates here ARE NOT with fluid layout, I don’t know how you got confused on that. Second, to expect that one layout will look great on your 23” full hd monitor and with the same quality on 320×480 smartphone is ridiculous. One can argue that there are many smartphones with 480×800 – true. However the most likely way web will develop is to have layout optimized for monitors and have a second css definition or layout for mobile devices or devices with lower resolution.

I’m dealing with web design 12 years now and at least 8 of them there were some self proclaimed web guru that was saying how the future is to the fluid design. Funny how I still see at least 8 out of 10 sites with fixed size:-)

101 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
Zanzad says
||+521398|seal said-|| First of all most of the templates here ARE NOT with fluid layout, I don’t know how you got confused on that. Second, to expect that one layout will look great on your 23” full hd monitor and with the same quality on 320×480 smartphone is ridiculous. One can argue that there are many smartphones with 480×800 – true. However the most likely way web will develop is to have layout optimized for monitors and have a second css definition or layout for mobile devices or devices with lower resolution. I’m dealing with web design 12 years now and at least 8 of them there were some self proclaimed web guru that was saying how the future is to the fluid design. Funny how I still see at least 8 out of 10 sites with fixed size:-)

I was not saying the most, but the most newer. Me myself, happy with all alternatives. Responsive web makes us as web designers have more options.

Thanks for the data, Seal. More and more opinions about responsive web.

9 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
ConorDesign says

I think why many people see it as a trend that will pass is that it is called Resoonsive Web DESIGN . In reality, it’s more on the development side of the web. Design has trends. Development has movements, that are surpassed by better movements.

RWD is just in its initial stages, and already, great things are being done with it. It’s a totally different paradigm that designers and developers will have to adapt to. And it ain’t going away soon.

397 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Monkify says
||+521398|seal said-|| First of all most of the templates here ARE NOT with fluid layout, I don’t know how you got confused on that. Second, to expect that one layout will look great on your 23” full hd monitor and with the same quality on 320×480 smartphone is ridiculous. One can argue that there are many smartphones with 480×800 – true. However the most likely way web will develop is to have layout optimized for monitors and have a second css definition or layout for mobile devices or devices with lower resolution. I’m dealing with web design 12 years now and at least 8 of them there were some self proclaimed web guru that was saying how the future is to the fluid design. Funny how I still see at least 8 out of 10 sites with fixed size:-)

Only in the past 4 years has the mobile market become tangible for web browsing. It’s become such a “trend” now, because this means the content can degrade based on screen size and look great on not only the standard 1024, but also the much more recently common larger screens, as well as mobile screens.

I would indeed say responsive design is the future.. Not necessarily in the sense that it is today. But screen sizes will never be standardized and as interface design becomes more and more studied, learned, and evolved, it’ll become more necessity to have adaptive designs.

by
by
by
by
by
by