763 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
StudioEtude says

There is no bad genre to upload to. The front page exposure is absolutely meaningless. Most of the people who check out your tracks on the front page are not buyers, but other composers checking out your work.
+1, homepage exposure is much less important than most authors think.

+1+1=+2

613 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Poland
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
FxProSound says

There is no bad genre to upload to. The front page exposure is absolutely meaningless. Most of the people who check out your tracks on the front page are not buyers, but other composers checking out your work.
+1+1=+2

+1+1+1=+3 :) Holiday months are not so bad, tracks at your HDD won’t earn any $.

386 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Poland
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
DamianN says

+1+1=+2
+1+1+1=+3 :) Holiday months are not so bad, tracks at your HDD won’t earn any $.

+1+1+1+1=+4… True FXP , MB and GC :) But… when buyers takes a look at the homepage and see an avatar of known and liked author, then will be happy to listen what he has made… Anyway you guys shouldn’t give special attention to the main page exposure …

201 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
reubenchng says

I find that sales are pretty random. So don’t sweat it and just upload them. :D Then make more music.

533 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
Blinn says

I would upload them now so that they’re always there in case someone does make a purchase. Otherwise, there’s no chance they’ll find it in the first place. I’m doing quite well myself because my sounds are always available.

by
by
by
by
by
by