2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hey everyone, it feels like there has been a lot of negativity around here lately and I just wanted to contribute a positive thread! :D

I woke up this morning with the first though of, “How much did I make while I was asleep?!” lol :D ThemeForest is great, although it almost feels like an addiction (CrackForest?! lol). I have to constantly tell myself that I don’t need to be checking my account to see if I’ve had more sales or if anything new is happening in the forums, lol.

ThemeForest is growing fast, kicking butt and taking names! I was a little frustrated with things at first (sorry envato guys! – mostly Jeffrey, lol) but not any more. Now I just have a huge list of stuff I want to build and get posted for sale here, lol. There just isn’t enough time in the day!

Can you believe it! 107K members and growing! It feels like just yesterday that they passed 100K members. envato is smoking the competition, lol.

Anyway, I was also wondering why most of you have come here?

I came here to
1) make some money! :D
2) develop my portfolio, skills and knowledge
3) network with other designers and coders
4) get some more clients
5) get into the online web design/code tutorial scene more

1045 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
iDraw says

hi xmdsys, I love TF and AJ and it is real addiction :D, I came here to..

..buy a website

..to learn more about wordpress

..cause I love design

..cause this is the sister site of AJ and I’m on AJ and selling there audio

..want to create and sell some themes myself when the new wordpress book of collis releases

343 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
JackHowell says

Watching that new threads column speak of bad news this is kinda refreshing!

I came here because…

• I love to learn new things and want to improve and develop my skills
  • Hopefully my work will be appreciated (once I finally start uploading templates) which I am looking forward to
  • I enjoy being involved with creative communities and want to be more involved
  • All the work here is really inspirational
  • TF’s designers and members seem like a great bunch of people!

It is a bit hard to sum up a list only having been here a week or so but so far I am really enjoying writing in the forums and looking through all the great work here.

I am really looking forward to being involved and help TF develop (if I am not too late to the party).

951 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says

lol, good thought!

I came here to: Learn, Learn, Learn Observe and eventually sell :) and ofcourse for the joy of being a member at this cool place :D

1799 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says

I came here for learning and selling. And I also think the name CrackForest fits perfect. Iam very addicted ;D! And the community is very nice, too!

2541 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Hey xmdsys-

What a nice thread to come to, there has been so much negativity it is nice to see some more positive thoughts around the forums.

I think I came here for mostly the same reasons as you.

-Cash is always nice :)

-Knowledge, I’m pretty sure Envato network sites and the people I meet on them have taught me much more about web development and design than my college classes have.

-The community, you guys rock and are what make it fun.

I also write an article for the blog every week or so and it is probably the most fun and enjoyable freelance job I have had in a long time, and Jeffrey is probably one of the most easy going bosses around, its great.

Im certainly addicted to this place! Its nice to see I am not alone in checking the forum threads and my account/referral sales every 2 seconds or so. I tell myself “OK, no more checking TF for at least 2 hours!”

Anyway, I think this is a great thread and I am happy to be here with you all, I’ve made some great friends so far (even planned to build a giant snow castle with one of them!) :)

-Drew

431 posts
  • Located in Australia
+9 more
john says

I’m here cos it’s my job ;) lol

Seriously though, I love the vibe on the forums here. Its great for us as developers to get pretty instant feedback when we try something new.

31 posts
  • Located in Canada
brenelz says

Agreed. ThemeForest has provided a great way for me to buy/sell templates, participate in these great forums, and learn a lot from Jeffery’s blog posts!!

-Brenelz

2529 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

:)

44 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
twoaz1 says

Thanks xmdsys for starting such an uplfting thread. I enjoy reading the positive posts in this one ( and will be back to enjoy the love). I believe that TF and Enavato’s other sites provide multiple opportunities many of us need; who ever we are and what ever we’re looking for. We (personally) may not need the same thing as other members, but the brilliance of these sites is the plethora of opportunities to everyone who chooses to be involved. The Envato staff understands “stickiness” to a science. Many of us would love to be more involved, many of us are looking for something to round out income, and many of us are looking for quality in their own pursuits. So? Many of us keep coming back.

Major kudos to Jeffery for managing TF so beautifully, and for us personally thanks to TF and Envato for providing us with another opportunity to grow.

by
by
by
by
by
by