• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

Every day I view my comments and every day there’s a link to the full source of my item sitting right there in the comments. For those of us who spend time obfuscating our previews, it’s incredibly frustrating.

Options in order starting with the most effective:

1) Automatically hide hyperlinks to the public and only show them to the author. The link can be replaced with “Link only visible to author”.

2) A text message we can present to our customers when they post a comment, right above the much less important “Complete List of Smiley Codes”. My Message would say:

Please do not post links in the comments. If you do, your question will not be answered. Instead, send me a link to your example, visit my profile page here and I’ll help you as soon as possible.

3) Allow authors to remove links without having to flag the item. The least effective of all the options, especially since staff is usually quick to remove links once an item is flagged. And this option doesn’t change the fact that the link is still sitting in your comments for 12 hours before you get around to flagging it.

1541 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

Agree, very reasonable sugestions!

Best Regards, Andrey

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

Agree, very reasonable sugestions!

Thanks. I realize this thread won’t get much traction because the issue doesn’t effect most authors. But if you fall into that category, just imagine if there was a link in your comments that directly pointed to a free, un-watermarked version of you item…

5729 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Looking at the previous long thread where staffs asking for the reason why the link needs to be removed, it doesn’t look like staffs care this at all. The reason why this is not requested by many authors is most of them’s earnings are from WP/backend. The problem is only for front-end valuables – especially for those who do a lot of work on supporting multiple browsers and mobile/tablet devices.

Just a suggestion, atleast obscure the links for those who are not logged in (for CodeCanyon). This will do a huge help, since someone who reaches here randomly through search engines will atleast not steal before registering here. There is no point in showing a buyer’s link to the non-member visitors.

1031 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+4 more
Pixelworkshop says

+1 for this suggestion !

7129 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

Looking at the previous long thread where staffs asking for the reason why the link needs to be removed

So, they found the answer?

5729 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Looking at the previous long thread where staffs asking for the reason why the link needs to be removed
So, they found the answer?

Should ask staff.

Very rarely few things doesn’t require author or even buyer opinion on forums to make a decision. This particular thing comes under that side, however mysteriously staffs needed answer from authors. For me, it is easy to assume that 99% of cases, buyer need to show the link only to the author – so obscuring link to public view isn’t a sin. Also 100% cases, buyers doesn’t intend to show their implementation links to non members – so it is safe to obscure the links if not logged-in.

by
by
by
by
by
by