106 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Won a competition
+2 more
ActionFoundry says

What did we think of the opening ceremony? Personally it made me very proud to be British! Certain parts even made the hair on my neck stand up!
I would quite like to know what people in other country’s thought of our start and how it compared to others?

205 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
acuredreamgift says

Well, that first parts with industrialization was really impressive, and, of course, Rowan’s part (he was awesome!). Rest of the ceremony was pretty boring and… Well, boring. I think that 2008th show will be undefeated for long, long time… That was impressive ( Birds Nest, foot fireworks, fireworks ( I mean – wow!), people on stadium – two thousand of them all in same time perfectly dance… Costumes, props…) Just amazing show 2008 was…

688 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
videologio says

Every Olympics Opening ceremony is different because it show some of the culture of each country, so we cant compare them.But If you see them as shows, then you can. Many parts of opening ceremony were really impressive, It was a good one:)

95 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
jaytgirl says

did get quite emotional watching the opening ceremony actually, especially the first part showing the idyllic countryside then cutting to Isabard Brunel who revolutionized our industry with fantastic precision, ending with the 5 gold olympian rings being forged and interconnecting overhead. Just amazing.

yes, Beiging was impressive too but Great Britain did not strive to copy. We created something special that was close to our english hearts.

106 posts
  • Won a competition
+2 more
ActionFoundry says

did get quite emotional watching the opening ceremony actually, especially the first part showing the idyllic countryside then cutting to Isabard Brunel who revolutionized our industry with fantastic precision, ending with the 5 gold olympian rings being forged and interconnecting overhead. Just amazing. yes, Beiging was impressive too but Great Britain did not strive to copy. We created something special that was close to our english hearts.

I agree, it was different which made me happy. I was scared that we may just copy an the special effects and explosions that Beijing had. As i said, it made me proud to be British I just wonder if some of the stuff that was done we could only understand.

Please comment! I really want to know what it was like for people in other country and weather you understood all of it!

770 posts
  • Located in Hungary
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
aron66 says

MR BEAN !! The other things was boring.:D

106 posts
  • Won a competition
+2 more
ActionFoundry says

MR BEAN !! The other things was boring.:D

Haha! See I found the Mr Bean sketch funny but felt it went on a bit…

by
by
by
by
by
by