The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements for OpenCart themes

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
1LightYear says

Hello!

I double checked forum rules and found no rule not to ask what I want to ask. I have submitted 2 times my OpenCart theme, and 2 times I have received a rejection based on “The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted.”

After the first time I have made a lot of improvements and code polishing, but that doesn’t helped.

It is very sad that inside rejection mail I have also received that “Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.”

I can understand that aesthetic requirements mean, but what about technical ones? What would they be if my theme was updated to the latest OpenCart version, cross-browser compatible, has a responsive layout, and etc. – all stuff what all bestsellers have.

I am not quite sure if I may post a link to the Live preview of my theme here (because it may be considered as self-promotion), but I will surely wanted to do so, because I want to hear any feedback for me to know in what direction I should improve my theme for better aesthetics.

Thanks!

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
LTT_Webdesign says

Post the link in item discussion! People will help you out! :D

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
1LightYear says

Post the link in item discussion! People will help you out! :D
Thanks for reply, the link will be http://themesoflight.info/se/155/
6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
1LightYear says

anyone?

492 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
wopethemes says

design and function are both requirements. If you can’t pass the design quality, you will be reject as normally.

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
1LightYear says

design and function are both requirements. If you can’t pass the design quality, you will be reject as normally.
that’s the problem because I cannot understand what lacks in my theme to pass it. It has, as many other themes, special admin module with many customization options, etc. Some other themes, that are selling, are much simpler and I found some with glitches in responsive behavior .. but still they were approved. I need some constructive criticism here :)
2444 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
digitalimpact says

You need to first work on the design, it won’t be approved like that, no matter what your theme has to offer.

Next, technical requirements. I don’t know OpenCart, but I can give you an example for a different CMS: WordPress. If, for a WP theme, you get that rejection, it usually means you’ve got either errors in your PHP, are using deprecated functions, are stripping core functionality, not using WP coding guidelines (example: not enqueueing scripts correctly) or are using fishy code (i.e. base64, but I doubt you’re doing that). It could also be related to anything in the code, even HTML, not just the part that’s tied to the CMS.

Hope this helps :)

152 posts (-_(-_-(-_-)-_-)_-)
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Italy
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
Skywarrior says

Look at themes like this one:

http://themeforest.net/item/modernstore-premium-opencart-1493-theme/160727

And then look at yours. You have a lot of padding and font issues. The best thing you can do is to try to intimate designs that you like, taking pieces from different designs and modifying them to create your own. You’ll need to change the designs drastically if you want to get approved.

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
1LightYear says

You have a lot of padding and font issues.
Can you please point at some? Maybe something I miss..
6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
1LightYear says

You need to first work on the design, it won’t be approved like that, no matter what your theme has to offer.

Next, technical requirements. I don’t know OpenCart, but I can give you an example for a different CMS: WordPress. If, for a WP theme, you get that rejection, it usually means you’ve got either errors in your PHP, are using deprecated functions, are stripping core functionality, not using WP coding guidelines (example: not enqueueing scripts correctly) or are using fishy code (i.e. base64, but I doubt you’re doing that). It could also be related to anything in the code, even HTML, not just the part that’s tied to the CMS.

Hope this helps :)
hmm.. I will keep that in mind, thank you :)
by
by
by
by
by
by