Hi, I’m having the same problem with the Wisdom of Life NGO theme. I unzipped the original download and tried to upload the inner .zip, but still getting the no style.css error. I unzipped that file just to check, and the file is in there…. so why isn’t Wordpress recognizing it? What can I do? Thanks
^ Hi pacsoc, make sure you are uploading a folder, and not a .zip file. Please follow the steps below, or watch the screencast here.
- Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
- Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
- Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
- Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
- Upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.
If followed accordingly, the installation should be successful. Cheers.
@DzincStudio Thanks for the quick reply. I was aware of the help site. I have tried suggestions off a number of forums. In regards to the above, I have followed each of those steps meticulously, and multiple times, to no avail. Any further suggestions? Thanks!
Found this in another forum that fixed the style.css issue for me.https://support.truethemes.net/?faq=theme-install-failed-the-theme-is-missing-the-style-css-stylesheet
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.