86 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
groupp says

So we make a mini jump, from Code-canyon to theme-forest, to test the waters. Item rejected..are we surprised? Not in the least really. Just like Code-canyon, it seems theme-forest is subject to the same popularity contest that overruns the whole of Envato market. Its no longer what you make, its who you know, or how active you are in the forum.

Note to anyone thinking of releasing something in any market, make sure you make 12,000 posts and replies to get your name known first, or else your wasting time.

Also, without a doubt, 200 replies will be made of people coming to defend the honor of Envato, and that’s cool, because that’s how THEY get items approved. Us? We will always speak the truth. Changes to reviewers must be made!

1797 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

If you think this way, it’s quite sad. Instead of posting the url and asking for review advices from the users, you’re throwing bad words towards Envato and the other authors. That’s not the path to go.

You think I get approved because I have hundreds of posts? You think reviewers check the forum to see how many posts we have? Are you serious? There are lots of members with LOTS of posts that aren’t authors or had their items rejected countless times. I never got approved from the first submit on any of my themes, but that’s not an issue as I continuously improved my themes and finally I got them there.

If only I’d count the number of people coming to the forums saying the reviewer doesn’t know anything and that their theme is unique and bla bla… while their design looked like websites from 2005. You have no experience with ThemeForest, CodeCanyon is a totally different market and should act like it.

407 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

Can we see a link to what got rejected from you guys? Thanks

86 posts
+1 more
groupp says

Yet you have 685 posts! Please please, you know as well as I do changes need to be made? Days before items are approved, approvals for one item thats worse than your item that got rejected. Envato does what? Millions a year revenue? And yet we have 1 or 2 reviewers per market? It sometimes takes 3 days to get approved or even looked at? Its ok to speak out, this is how changes are made…

1797 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

When I started as an author, I had 0 posts. I only started posting on the forums a few months ago, I hope you’re not serious about that :D

Better post a link to your theme/template and tell us if you got hard or soft rejected and any message from the reviewer that might help us help you.

P.S. 95% of the time, the items are reviewed within 24hrs, excepting weekends, but I noted that kailoon reviews during weekends too sometimes.

5634 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

Each and every item is reviewed according to it’s own merits. Approval has nothing to do with how active you are or how popular you are on the forums. There are plenty of successful authors who have never posted a single message to the forums.

3454 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

I did some quick statistics on the last 10 approved ThemeForest items. Here’s how the approved authors break down by paw:

Gold - 1
Silver - 5
Red - 2
Brown - 2

Almost 50% are by “new” authors – brown or red paws. I see no skew toward “popularity” here.

Of the 10 authors approved, 4 have NEVER posted in the forum and 7 have posted less than 20 times ever.

6 have less than 1000 sales, and 3 have less than 100 sales all time, in all marketplaces.

5 have 5 or less ThemeForest Items.

You have 176 sales, 11 CodeCanyon items, and have posted in the forum 15 times (that’s 15 times more than many who have been approved). By the standards of “popularity”, you meet the approval criteria.

Is there going to be a small amount of preferential treatment toward experienced authors? Probably – it’s a natural human bias to assume that those who have produced good work in the past will continue to do so in the future – but successful/elite authors are rejected every day, just like everyone else. But that doesn’t mean that new authors won’t be given a fair shot – their work is judged on its merit, just like everyone else’s.

I understand you’re frustrated and looking for someone to blame. That’s natural. But remember, everyone here started with 0 sales, and we all worked our asses off to get our items approved. If you’re getting rejected, take it as an opportunity to improve your work and release something stellar down the road.

Good luck to you!

Stats from last 10 approved items/authors as of 11AM EDT April 7 2013

3750 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

@groupp
That’s not true. Although being active on marketplace could generate some visits to your portfolio (don’t mix visits with sales, as most of them will be authors, and as we all know, authors are not buyers, at least not the core ones), you just need to release a good file, even if none knows you, and you will sell. If you don’t believe this, get populars and see the most selling file and the most seller author. He made that with his first file on a new account.

86 posts
+1 more
groupp says

Thanks @all who replied. Special thanks to @KingDog for a staff reply, @sevenspark for the stats and @FinalDestiny for the words of encouragement.

Of course there is no issue here, of course were crazy, Of course were mad, you can go ahead and delete this topic. What were we thinking?
558 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
kriskorn says

Thanks @all who replied. Special thanks to @KingDog for a staff reply, @sevenspark for the stats and @FinalDestiny for the words of encouragement. Of course there is no issue here, of course were crazy, Of course were mad, you can go ahead and delete this topic. What were we thinking?

Leave your sarcasm to yourself. The author of the most popular file of the last 8 months has like 70 posts. In fact, most of the top authors do not post very often to the forums. You got a little bit of thinking material here…

All the best,
Kris

by
by
by
by
by
by