• Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

Each and every item is reviewed according to it’s own merits. Approval has nothing to do with how active you are or how popular you are on the forums. There are plenty of successful authors who have never posted a single message to the forums.

Yeah, for example woothemes has never posted to our forums and got 40+ items accepted within a single day – without even a proper reviewing ;-) – see, everything is possible :D

473 posts
  • Austria
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
iHelp says

Yeah, for example woothemes has never posted to our forums and got 40+ items accepted within a single day – without even a proper reviewing ;-) – see, everything is possible :D

shhh :zipped::smitten:

5319 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
CodingJack says

I’ve had the chance to get to know many popular authors outside the marketplaces, and trust me when I say that everyone gets rejected. And there’s zero correlation between forum posts and success on the marketplaces. There’s tons of successful authors who don’t participate in the forums at all.

As for ThemeForest in particular, the design standard is extremely high. I know two authors who were rejected because of design. But then they went and improved their designs and in both cases they said afterward, “The reviewer was right, the design is much better now”. True story ;)

1034 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

I have much less “posts” than you and much less sales, so it’s not a popularity contest

89 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Croatia
Webthemer says

Have you tried submitting your theme to other marketplaces? Maybe they would accept your item based on there criteria. If something is not good as of design and quality for themeforest it will not be accepted, what would happen if themeforest would accept every submission, in a month we would have 50 000 items that are low quality and that would be bad as of now there are item in themeforest that are crap and didn’t have sale over a year or so.

559 posts Themes and Graphics
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Bebel says

the only item ever that got accepted without beeing rejected by the reviewer was a psd theme in 2009 ;-)

just keep trying man!! To be honest – We once had an item that just wouldn’t go through. It was rejected time after time. In the end the file didn’t make it to the marketplace. Weeks of work for nothing. I was mad, I was angry. But you know what? It took me only a few months after studying some tutorials on design techniques to figure that the theme indeed..sucked ;D

86 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
groupp says

@all who asked for a link here it is

http://grouppiex.com/themeforest/modelme

It is later now, and after reading the helpful comments, I apologize for flying off the handle. If we could get some feedback as to how to make things better for the next time it would be much appreciated , thanks.

1383 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
wpCanyonThemes says

Keep improving your design skills and in a couple months when you look back at this one you’ll know it wasn’t good enough.

There’s a few odd things as well. For example, why are the blog posts centered, why is there an edit graphic on the left of the post titles, why does sidebar + content = 11 columns instead of 12, why is there no portfolio single (at the moment the portfolio functionality is just simple gallery)...

568 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
Pirenko says

Change the logo. Please… Also consider using an alternative font to Lobster. Add more images to your static pages maybe. Good luck!

86 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
groupp says

update.. My design was turned down because of ” It looks like everything else uploaded lately , we have to draw the line somewhere” and yet a few days later..A recent added item, exactly like mine..different colors…but accepted..dont worry themeforest reviewer, Ill stay in codecanyon…

by
by
by
by
by
by