1766 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

First, the html tag can’t be used since it wraps the code on one line and obviously if I tell the buyer to find some code, he won’t be able to find it.

If I use the pre tag, sometimes when I use some html tags inside the pre ones, it doesn’t work and it wraps all the content within pre tags(even the text that didn’t use the pre tags). We need a decent editor that works properly, for support-related questions.

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+10 more
ThomGeskin says

Hi FD, there is a very useful browser plugin, which does include the pre and code tags, along with livepreview, for comments, item descriptions and forum posts, called Envatitor Embedded. It can be downloaded for free, among many other great marketplace-related apps, tools and resources @ Envato Extras.

Once installed, you’ll be able to use all the options above, saving you a great deal of time when formatting future posts and/or item descriptions within the marketplaces.

If you’ve already tried it, then disregard this post. If not, give it a shot. Good luck.

5944 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

^ Smells like Envato wants their users to install a dozen plugins to use the site properly. I don’t even know how many browser scripts running already. Btw, I doubt the issues pointed by FinalDestiny can be resolved using a plugin.

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

I can add the html tags manually, it’s Envato who’s parsing them totally wrong. If I use < c0de >, it wraps everything on one line, becoming impossible for the user to copy and search some code….If I use the < pr e > one, it gets extra text, not just the one wrapped in pre tags… So it’s pretty much useless if I can’t use them properly.

707 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
ChillThemes says

Maybe I misunderstood what you’re trying to accomplish, but I’ve never had any issues with the code and pre tags.

Wrap inline snippets of code with <code>.

#header h1 { display: block; padding: 10px; }

Use <pre> for multiple lines of code. Be sure to escape any angle brackets in the code for proper rendering, (list of Glyphs). Be sure to keep code within <pre> tags as close to the left as possible; it will render all tabs.

#header h1 {
  display: block;
  padding: 10px;
}

<a href="#">Link<a>
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

C’mon, if I want to paste 30 lines of code, I’ll need to spend like 30 minutes to escape the unwanted characters? That’s Envato’s job, not mine, I just want to provide some nice support to the members, they force me to do my own support board.

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Just for the record it’s a comment area – not a support forum. Therefore if you want to support your buyers either offer direct communication via email or open your own support forum – it’s NOT Envato’s job to provide you with a support forum tools as their rules state support is not required – therefore they don’t have to build a system for you to offer support.

That’s pretty much how that is.

Jonathan

707 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
ChillThemes says

C’mon, if I want to paste 30 lines of code, I’ll need to spend like 30 minutes to escape the unwanted characters? That’s Envato’s job, not mine, I just want to provide some nice support to the members, they force me to do my own support board.

No, this does it for you: SimpleCode. If you’re posting that much code you should be using Snippi or Pastie.

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+10 more
ThomGeskin says

That’s Envato’s job, not mine.

Hi FD, I’m sorry to hear you are stil having trouble. I recommend getting in touch with Envato Support and letting them know what is going on, by suggesting the appropriate improvements. Unless they become aware of your issue, there’s really nothing they can do, so be sure to contact them. Good luck.

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

I will, thanks.

@jonathan01 Since they provide those tags, I think they should work fine, otherwise they wouldn’t be added, that’s the only purpose I could possibly see for the code and pre tags. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by