300 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
Art101 says

There is a simple solution for this but since this is not already implemented, I doubt if this is feasible: In the contact form, add a mandatory drop-down that lists all the items of author. Buyer will select the item for which the question is related. Then the email will simply point that item name and the license type if purchased by the buyer. No hassle of 7 day expiry and as well as exactly points about which item the buyer question speaks about – solves 2 issues.

+1

372 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
saptarang says

Better example. One interested user contacts you to ask pre-purchase doubts. Time goes by (more than 7 days, oc) and he replies saying he got the file and asking for support.

Same thing happened with me this month. but there was a twist :) Customer asked me queries by using her Envato account but purchased file after a week through Paypal :(

Then I asked him for purchase code. Next day she gave me code & I searched through all forum and knowledge base to find if there is any tool available to confirm the code. I didn’t get a single one so I contacted support.

I got reply from support after 2 days saying they want Paypal transaction ID with purchase code. Then again I replied to customer asking Paypal transaction ID and she gave me and I forwarded it to support. Again after 2 days I got message from support ‘Transaction is valid. Customer have purchased your file’. Finally I gave customer updated files. I really appreciate her patience but yes I haven’t ask her to rate my file. :P

300 posts
+6 more
Art101 says

I haven’t ask her to rate my file. :P

Good for you :P

6026 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Asking for rating is never a good idea – unless you already suffer with low rating!

372 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
saptarang says

Asking for rating is never a good idea – unless you already suffer with low rating!

+ 1 :)

300 posts
+6 more
Art101 says

Why not? I always ask satisfied customers to rate my work, most of them do so and rate well!

by
by
by
by
by
by