8271 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

this would be really nice to see, surely the data is there… right?

510 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
steve314 says

This is exactly what I am looking for!!
+1 Very good system. When this idea will be implemented?

+1 It is better this way, than the average nomber of stars

1103 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+12 more
ranfirefly says

I’m glad to see that my idea is still alive, and other people/authors find it useful.

@hunzonian, yes, this is what it’s all about.
8)

*I thing there’s some kind of new rating system coming soon… let’s hope for the best.

2228 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

*I thing there’s some kind of new rating system coming soon… let’s hope for the best.

Yes there is, I can confirm that.

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

To be honest the rating system is very flawed, especially considering someone with no development / technical skills can give you one start bc they got frustrated trying to use a jQuery plugin when they have no idea how to code in jQuery in the first place.

I also think ratings should be broken down I.E.

Ease of Use 1 – 5 starts

Works as Described 1 – 5 stars

etc.. etc… and then get the average of those ratings as a single total rating so you can view just why a certain item got the rating it did.

3085 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Raincutter says

To be honest the rating system is very flawed, especially considering someone with no development / technical skills can give you one start bc they got frustrated trying to use a jQuery plugin when they have no idea how to code in jQuery in the first place.

I also think ratings should be broken down I.E.

Ease of Use 1 – 5 starts

Works as Described 1 – 5 stars

etc.. etc… and then get the average of those ratings as a single total rating so you can view just why a certain item got the rating it did.
Agree with you

But

That wouldn’t work for every marketplace. For example, there’s nothing more than audio in AJ items which anybody can listen, then why do many AJ authors still have relatively low ratings? That’s unexplainable.

I would just suggest to either remove the whole rating system or at least implement something which would require buyers to give reason for the ratings. Yeah, it might reduce the number of ratings but we don’t get much ratings anyway. It’s average around 15-19% IMO . I’m sure that those buyers who rate our items and appreciate all our hard work will still rate it.

The whole idea is that then we’ll be able to concentrate on those certain aspects which leads a buyer to rate an item low for. Plus we’ll be able to actually listen what a buyer really needs thus making this place better for us and buyers alike.

12 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
Erigonn says

I was thinking about some useful visual improvements for the rating system.
The visual setting I have in mind is already implemented in AMAZON and EBAY , and I find it very useful when it comes to the moment of purchase (illustrated below).

The thing is, ratings really count when you’re looking at similar items, and that what makes us (authors) create better/ good looking/ useful items.

^ Needless to say, I believe that all of the rating data is already there, so why not showing it to the potential buyer.

Here is an old story, and I’ll make it short.
Few months ago I sold one of my items 4 times, 4 of the buyers (all of them) gave me 5 stars rate (for sure), and the rating was standing on 5 stars. That was great ;). Shortly after the 5th buyer has made his purchase, my rating dropped to 4 stars.
How odd is that?!? Of course he was giving me 1 star rate, because that’s the only option for dropping from 5 to 4 stars.

^ If the rating system could show the segmentation, it was better. You can then see the “mysterious” reason for the rate.
Maybe the buyer wasn’t pleased with the provided support (which we’re not obligated to give), maybe he doesn’t know how to use the item, maybe it’s another author who want to “damage” your rating…
I don’t know, I’m just saying.

Well, what do you thing?
Thanks & Cheers.

*Oh, and I forgot to mention, I love this place. 8)

+1 from me for a better rating system.

1619 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

I was thinking about some useful visual improvements for the rating system.
The visual setting I have in mind is already implemented in AMAZON and EBAY , and I find it very useful when it comes to the moment of purchase (illustrated below).

The thing is, ratings really count when you’re looking at similar items, and that what makes us (authors) create better/ good looking/ useful items.

^ Needless to say, I believe that all of the rating data is already there, so why not showing it to the potential buyer.

Here is an old story, and I’ll make it short.
Few months ago I sold one of my items 4 times, 4 of the buyers (all of them) gave me 5 stars rate (for sure), and the rating was standing on 5 stars. That was great ;). Shortly after the 5th buyer has made his purchase, my rating dropped to 4 stars.
How odd is that?!? Of course he was giving me 1 star rate, because that’s the only option for dropping from 5 to 4 stars.

^ If the rating system could show the segmentation, it was better. You can then see the “mysterious” reason for the rate.
Maybe the buyer wasn’t pleased with the provided support (which we’re not obligated to give), maybe he doesn’t know how to use the item, maybe it’s another author who want to “damage” your rating…
I don’t know, I’m just saying.

Well, what do you thing?
Thanks & Cheers.

*Oh, and I forgot to mention, I love this place. 8)
+1 from me for a better rating system.

“maybe it’s another author who want to “damage” your rating…”
OMG , what a waste of time for the Darth Autors , try to build something unique and useful instead :D

973 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

I really dont get how a 2 year old post can be dug up like this.

by
by
by
by
by
by