4596 posts Love & Light
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

@Lance … before you start “culling” files as you say… will you give us a window period to update old files? So they are up to par. Also I think with the thing with AS2 files, every author should once familar with AS3 , go back to all their old files and make a separate AS3 version, that way they can maintain the sales and search listening. Not that I think AD would cull AS2 files any time soon, but making AS3 versions would be a good idea, just update the file, not submit it as a new file. That way when the time is right we can remove the AS2 files when they no longer needed and the AS3 version will remain, that would be the best bet. Although those with larger portfolios have a lot of work ahead of them ;)

156 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Subeli says
What we need is ActiveDenThemes... for just site templates! :)

Absolutely! We need it!

Considering that ThemeForest doesn’t have in the name any reference to html or WP or whatever I would really see the Flash Templates category simply moved on ThemeForest, with the same strict criteria of the reviewing process. So less and better.

This is the best idea i have seen in this thread!

146 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CodeByASH says
What we need is ActiveDenThemes... for just site templates! :)

Great Idea +1

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Thanks for the as3 info Lance :)

8231 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

I think we need to stop uploading AS2 files… period.

AS3 is far superior and in a time when Flash is getting alot of stick we need to use the most optimized language so that our sites / files perform well… that means AS3 , not AS2 . Coding in a language thats 4+ years old and simply god awful shouldn’t be an option anymore.

Just my 2c.

Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says
Most preloaders, clocks, xml menu’s are basically very easy things to program even if you have no experience in flash. Also many websites offer free preloaders and to be honest some are better quality than some paid files here. Themeforest.net is a cleaner, better site even though I like AD better. It just sells great templates by great authors. You rarely see a poor file or layout. I think activeden.net should be just a template site. And an additional site should be created for other files like preloaders and clocks. You could even call the additional site flashden.net!

Let’s not sing praises to TF too much. I mean they’ve got some good files but they have some bad too. And let’s not mistake the use of “whatever assets they can pull off the web” as good design.

They just don’t have the “FLASH 101” items that we get bumped off the front page with.

I will admit since the last quality hike there have been fewer bad files and long home page exposure.

I agree with you entirely. Although I haven’t been here long so I couldn’t comment :)

They can pull off a load of disney wallpapers n stuff within breaching copyright. I still don’t understand that as you are using the assets legally to sell a product.

580 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
plusquare says

AS3 is far superior and in a time when Flash is getting alot of stick we need to use the most optimized language so that our sites / files perform well… that means AS3 , not AS2 . Coding in a language thats 4+ years old and simply god awful shouldn’t be an option anymore.

Just my 2c.

I agree… it will be hard for some authors to adapt but I think it’s not that hard. I started to change from as2 to as3 a while ago and at first it seems weird but you’ll start felling more comfortable with it and you’ll probably like as3 more :p

But I think this isn’t the main issue being discussed here

+10 more
ThemeProvince says

AS3 is horrible lol. especially event listeners for movieclips instead of the simple:

item.onRollOver = function () {

// do something

}

:(

but i am prepared to switch :)

3748 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

Just my 2c.

Not agree. Not only because i code in AS2 . You’re thinking on developers, but the fact is that almost 60 or 70 percent of buyers are not flash developers, they don’t even care about the version, unless they need to mix the file with another one.

Do you think TF buyers care about themes programmed in PHP 4 or 5?
Btw, PHP4 is 10 years old.

EDIT : anyway, this should not be converted into a as2/as3 discussion. It’s definitevely not the reason or the point here.

2075 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says
@Lance … before you start “culling” files as you say… will you give us a window period to update old files? So they are up to par. Also I think with the thing with AS2 files, every author should once familar with AS3 , go back to all their old files and make a separate AS3 version, that way they can maintain the sales and search listening. Not that I think AD would cull AS2 files any time soon, but making AS3 versions would be a good idea, just update the file, not submit it as a new file. That way when the time is right we can remove the AS2 files when they no longer needed and the AS3 version will remain, that would be the best bet. Although those with larger portfolios have a lot of work ahead of them ;)

I totally agree.

by
by
by
by
by
by