4334 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Don’t you hate getting a e-mail from someone that says ” Help me or I’ll ask for a refund ” ... they don’t even read the documentation and they trow in all sorts of ” nice compliments ” ?

I really hate the refund policy. It gave some buyers the ability to grow a nasty attitude and think they can make authors do anything. If you don’t help me I’ll ask for a refund

What’s up with the attitude? I mean … We provide documentation, we give support, the files are basically free… What the … ?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

Well they can’t really threaten like that, they will only get a refund if they can prove that the file downloaded doesn’t work as advertised. If the file works fine, then they will not be issued a refund. (as i understand it)

In these circumstances, it’s best to just send them a generic message explaining that support is optional and due to their bad attitude, you are not going to help them. :)

+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

In these circumstances, it’s best to just send them a generic message explaining that support is optional and due to their bad attitude, you are not going to help them. :)

Done that. It just annoys me to see a person I don’t even know, acting like that.

4335 posts
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

Well there’s always that one person who immediately acts like that, and there always will be, there’s nothing we can really do about it other than shrug it off. :)

8271 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

rise above it :)

843 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
marcfolio says

I think we all get those customers. Some I just ignore. If they would just ask a little nicer and not threaten to refund…

But i’ve yet to have a file refunded. I think most buyers don’t have a leg to stand on if they want a refund, because the file works as described and they just want to get free support of free alterations.

Now if you downloaded a file and couldn’t open the fla or couldn’t compile I could understand, but just because I won’t build them their own custom file…

More than any thing I think the best thing to do is keep your cool and don’t sweat it.

2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

Just to be clear, we only refund when the file is genuinely broken. You won’t lose money just because someone wants free labor and doesn’t get it.

+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Just to be clear, we only refund when the file is genuinely broken. You won’t lose money just because someone wants free labor and doesn’t get it.

I understand that, but it’s something that just drives you insane. I mean, you make the darn file to help the buyer and he goes crazy on you… :(

Ah, well… I have a suggestion, what about making a system where we can report such buyers, make the 1 star rating go away. I am sure a lot of authors got one star from some buyer that couldn’t read the instructions or stuff like that.

Thanks for clearing stuff out Lance and Reaper :)

4247 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Okay.

Lance, I was recently contacted by a customer who stated that my Musicians Template download was corrupted. Well, I’m not so sure about that so I’d like to ask for you to confirm it for me. I tried downloading my template AFTER that customer wrote me, and I was able to unzip it without any errors. Thinesh contacted me advising me to upload a zip file that isn’t corrupt. Even though I downloaded it without a problem, I went ahead and uploaded another copy. I understand that if that customer can’t unzip that file he could ask for a refund. I don’t really have much of a problem allowing him to do that, but if my download file is corrupted, how come he was the only one who contacted me about it? There were 6 different purchases made on that same template without anyone else complaining about it. Could you please confirm whether or not it is corrupt, for me? Otherwise I run the risk of having to refund 120$+ which is no longer in my account.

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
+6 more
LucidStudios says

Okay. Lance, I was recently contacted by a customer who stated that my Musicians Template download was corrupted. Well, I’m not so sure about that so I’d like to ask for you to confirm it for me. I tried downloading my template AFTER that customer wrote me, and I was able to unzip it without any errors. Thinesh contacted me advising me to upload a zip file that isn’t corrupt. Even though I downloaded it without a problem, I went ahead and uploaded another copy. I understand that if that customer can’t unzip that file he could ask for a refund. I don’t really have much of a problem allowing him to do that, but if my download file is corrupted, how come he was the only one who contacted me about it? There were 6 different purchases made on that same template without anyone else complaining about it. Could you please confirm whether or not it is corrupt, for me? Otherwise I run the risk of having to refund 120$+ which is no longer in my account.

you can send unzipped files to that particular buyer using a different method like dropbox ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by