• Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

http://theremakers.com/

My good friend and fellow Wordpress themer/designer, Reid Piefer , just launched a major charitable project that he’s been working on in his spare time. He’s also prepping to release the theme as an open-source project for non-profit agencies. The goal: to help businesses and agencies that are dedicated to helping others. It’s really cool to see someone putting the same skills that we use every day towards such a great purpose.

The entire site is pretty darn cool (the main page background image rotates with each featured organization from week to week). My favorite part of the site is the shop – he’s got some amazing pieces in there, all for great causes: http://theremakers.com/

If anyone out there is interested in helping out in any way, be sure to check out the bottom of his About page and drop him a comment in one of his posts : http://theremakers.com/about/

Cheers!

426 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
vasilios says

I was contemplating on getting the “Peace” t-shirt today. Stupid shipping costs make everything too expensive.

2 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
wearesharks says

Hey Brandon- Thanks for the awesome write up! Seeing you go crazy building awesome themes was a huge inspiration for me to get off my butt and do something.

@Vasilios – You’ll get no disagreement from me on shipping. But until I can start emailing t-shirts to people it’s the way it’s gotta be.

To anyone interested in a doing some blogging, designing, or open source-ing – get in touch. Happy Holidays

537 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
Hein says
My good friend and fellow Wordpress themer/designer, Reid Piefer , just launched a major charitable project that he’s been working on in his spare time. He’s also prepping to release the theme as an open-source project for non-profit agencies. The goal: to help businesses and agencies that are dedicated to helping others. It’s really cool to see someone putting the same skills that we use every day towards such a great purpose.

Great modification of the the Gazette theme, like the background very much but i’m not sure if its allowed to release it as an open source theme since its a commercial theme by WT ;).

Forgive me when I’m wrong, good luck anyway.

2317 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says

Very nice, but to bad they dont have any tee’s in my size :(

2 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
wearesharks says

@Hein You are absolutely right about releasing commercially bought themes as open source. I would never consider it! My theme has been hacked on so hard and fast, it’s held together with sticks and string at this point. I pity the IT guy that would need to fix it up :)

I’m building from scratch a set of simple the open source themes built to encourage non-profits to get the right kind of content on the web. But really I’m trying get more small organizations on to things like wordpress, and campaign monitor.

One of my goals is to bring some attention to the kind of work all you guys do here on Themeforest. Wordpress has huge following in the web community, but in the non-profit world people don’t know Wordpress from Geocities. Half the people I talk to still think Internet Explorer is the internet. Many organizations end up spending lots of development dollars they could spend providing better services, on crappy websites that don’t work very well.

You guys here do awesome work, I want it in the hands of some folks that need it most.

by
by
by
by
by
by