2206 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hey I did look at the fly theme and although it is very simplistic it looks organized and has some functions. As i said tho don’t try to compare it to your work you gotto make yours even stand out more, make it like it’s a Rolls, or a Maserati load it full with some cool jQuery gadgets ad some animation or something to make your template more eye catching.

Ok here is an idea and i do not care if you use it to your advantage. When i converted from flash to HTML5 i used the 960gs layout for my first template and with a lot of rejections i thought crap why don’t i come up with something different like a different layout that not a 1000 other authors use so i came up with the idea of using a fullscreen layout and having the inner content split up into columns. I like being original and i had better luck with all the other templates after my first one because it was original and had lots of animated content that other templates did not. If you look at my latest template i am sure that it has the most animations of all the templates that i have seen on here. Correct me if i am wrong.

As a flash guy i always wanted to make an html template look more like flash and you can not with timeline animation like in flash but with a few lines of js. honestly it is a lot easier than flash not as smooth but getting there.

So like i said get an idea and stick with it draw it down figure out all your animations and how you want stuff to load in and out. all these things make a huge difference if you get accepted or rejected.

Cheers

Lester

41 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in Sweden
+2 more
JohanGren says

Ok, I will give you an advice. I have been doin this for a living for 13 years, not on TF but with actual clients such as Goretex, Nike and Volvo Ocean Race among others. Instead of bashing the review process you should focus on your design skills because to be quite frank they are not good enough. Go through the tuts marketplace, browse Dribble, Forrst, Creattica, FWA and smashing magazine. If you are serious about this and want to do this full time thats the only way to go, believe me. I submitted a psd template a year ago, one month after I did a campaign site for Sailracing and guess what? It got rejected! I kept going for 5 months without getting accepted and I finally gave up but you know what? I learned so much along the way that I was nominated for 3 design awards last fall and won one. After this summer I will have another go here at TF and hook up with some developers to make awsome themes. In conclusion: Begin from scratch, work hard and you will get there! Good luck man

707 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ChillThemes says
151 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
aldrinlsc says

I agree to others comment about your theme, but I also doubt the reviewers. Recently I saw an html template that looks very similar to the previous template that have been approved, the author just made alterations and change the position of elements to make it “kinda” different. I don’t want to mention what the template is since the thread I made were flagged regarding the issue. And because of this i think the reviewers are not doing a fair job, why would you reject an item saying “IT’S NOT UNIQUE ENOUGH ” if you accept an item that’s ultimately similar to the other one?

41 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
11elevenstudios says

And because of this i think the reviewers are not doing a fair job, why would you reject an item saying “IT’S NOT UNIQUE ENOUGH ” if you accept an item that’s ultimately similar to the other one?

Totally agree with this cause it is 100% accurate.

41 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in United States
HeroicThemes says

I really appreciate you guys coming forward. I know it is tuff to do. There are a lot more people that see all this as well but just don’t say anything. I still can’t believe The_Silverman can modify wordpress.org themes and upload them here and you guys have seen other slightly modified templates get approved as well. Not only that you have brought it to the attention of themeforest and they don’t care? This thread has been viewed hundreds probably even thousands of times and not one person has posted a link even similar to my theme Freshr. Why, because it doesn’t exist. I built this from the ground up using a grid that is pretty awesome and I am not seeing anyone using it as of yet. Has anyone noticed that my site will take up your entire computer screen? Unless your resolution is over 2000px of course. Could it be better? Probably, anything can be better. Is it better than the theme “Fly”. Hell, yes! Open your eyes. If you can’t see this is 20 times better you have never heard of responsive design, HTML 5 , CSS 3, ect ect. Honestly, I know I keep going on and on about this theme but its just such a good example of what is happening around here. The them literally has no consideration for new design elements that is now available. It really looks like a theme that was built ten years ago. I built a HTML site that looked a lot like that with 9 credit hours of college 5 years ago. I mean the theme is novice looking, correct me if I am wrong?

2206 posts
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hey

OK your theme could be something unique, but you have to add some more functions and make it more interesting. Titles, paragraphs and a few pictures don’t make the theme interesting at all, you have to add some interactivity to some parts like hover animations and so on maybe a slider with buttons and cool transitions. It’s out there for free of use just have to put it in your theme or make something custom like a slider. Do you understand what i mean? Your theme as is it is just too plain nothing really to it. Look at my templates how much work goes into it not trying to brag just use it as a reference. This is what TF wants load it full of stuff if people don’t want to use all the gadgets they can go without but at least the options are there.

You are still dogging other people’s work, honestly i could not give a #2 about others work i try to do my files to be the best, I don’t even look at other themes when i design because i just don’t care about the other themes i only care about my theme.

Like i said if you want to use the template that you created then use it but add more stuff into it because as it is right now it will never get accepted and the reason is because it’s not a premium theme. Does not look it or functions like one. Sorry man if i come across a bit blunt but this is how i am and in a way it’s good because i mention the things that your template needs or what you need to work on to better your template. Just trying to help you have to take all our feedback and use it to your advantage. Honestly i want to see your theme on TF but you keep beating around the bush saying the same things as your other posts. Like i said if you need any help or ideas gimme a buzz or if you have skype my skype account is les.majszki i would be glad to help you out, i am not the best but have good taste.

Cheers

Lester

41 posts
HeroicThemes says

I am only repeating myself because people keep posting here. I am actually quite tired of this thread. I have taken your previous reply’s and current to heart and have been looking over advanced CSS3 techniques all morning. I have also fixed my search bar and will be doing a few other things. Everything else I’m not sure on. Lester, you do have to realize though that this thread was started because good themes get rejected and some not so good themes get accepted. We are not only talking about “my theme” we are talking about the way lots of people are being treated not very fairly. I mean they could just be nice to me for the simple fact that I have been purchasing themes from them for 4 years, right? I mean I work for hundreds of hours and I as many others get only a “I wish I could provide you more feedback but that is not the case here..yada..yada” while themes just like the “Fly” get on no problem. There are a lot more but I cant post them here. I pick on him because he seriously asked for it by coming here and saying what he did with the work he produces.

I just want to say this one more time so that everyone understands. I do not think my theme is the king of all kings or the best around but I do know that it is better than others that get published and that is really the heart of this thread. It’s not about my ego it’s about people getting treated completely differently from one person to the next.

41 posts
HeroicThemes says

I am going to have some BBQ and spend some time with the fam =)I hope you guys enjoy your day as well. Everyone, thanks for all the conversation. Lester, I appreciate all the feedback. I do see that some more work could improve the theme significantly although I stand by everything I have posted the last few days.

2206 posts
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hey

I used to think like you when i had rejections after rejections but you have to use the rejections to your advantage man, don’t worry about other templates that are shittier than yours or even better than yours. Just concentrate on your own work and trust me it will work. I did too look at some templates before that i thought should never gotten accepted, and i was bitching and complaining but that did not get my file on TF. I went back to the file and analyzed each part and asked my self could this be better than it is now. If you made this template you are talented so don’t waste your time here jump into your template and make it like it’s a damn Porsche or a Bentley. Put as much content into it as possible like all the bells and whistles that you can possibly think of and trust me you will get it on here.

Cheers

Lester

by
by
by
by
by
by