438 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Pixelous says

Hi there!

Overall, this is a good concept but there are a couple issues here: We already have a number of submissions with the same overall design and concept and we have to draw the line somewhere.

Here we go:

http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress

I must say you are jesuit to the reviewers.

So these last 2 really unique and my not? I can’t beleive you were hired to work as reviewers.

271 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

Hi, any link to your rejected template / theme?

407 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

Can we see a link to your rejection to see if anyone has any useful comments.

Also I would be cautious about criticizing the reviewer son here no matter how frustrating your situation.

272 posts New Elite in Town!
  • Won a competition
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
icypixels says

Hey Pixelous,

You have to understand that the reviewer is your friend and not your enemy. He just wants you to improve your design, make it more unique, make it stand-out from the rest, and actually, sell more. Always see a rejection a way to improve yourself, not to be frustrated.

Can we see your template?

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

I think is pointing other thing than his (maybe) rejected theme. But the fact that some authors get templates approved that don’t seem to follow the same standards in reviewing. I would have seen those templates easy rejected if there were made by new author.

271 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

I think themes are okay, but please look at the categories where these themes were added. ;)

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
BowtieThemes says

Hey Pixelous,

You have to understand that the reviewer is your friend and not your enemy. He just wants you to improve your design, make it more unique, make it stand-out from the rest, and actually, sell more. Always see a rejection a way to improve yourself, not to be frustrated.

Can we see your template?

But come on, look at the last two WP themes, from an author who has 179 items, they look soooo much plain and non-unique, but are approved because that author has contributed a lot of themes. So, there is more pressure on beginner authors without doubt. Not complainin’, just sayin’

438 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Pixelous says

Thanks for your responses guys. I think the link to my rejected theme isn’t mantadory because I have understood TF politics now.

I am sure if last but one theme from http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress was submitted by me or even by you or any other new authors here it probably would have been rejected because of it’s nonunique. Is not that right?

I was trying to give the theme a professional look, not amateur and do not overload it styles, make it minimal you know like Squarespace themes. I have bought a Royal Slider extended license for the theme while the purchase of extended license is disabled by it’s author he was kind enought to sold it to me. Are there many themes with Royal Slider included plugin? However, my theme is not unique enought and still looks like themes already available on TF.

1789 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Even if they’ll say they don’t do any difference between new and old authors, probably an old elite author has some little advantages and I think that’s fair. They earned that, in months/years.

And about the two themes. They’re quite ok. Obviously they’re not unique, like 99% of the latest 1-200 themes, but the idea and the implementation are both ok and don’t really see any issue with it.

25 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Austria
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Theme-Forge says

Being rejected due to uniqueness is hard. However I think you are not doing yourself a favour complaining about things you can’t change. At the time when your dark paw has got a brown star in it you will be glad that other themes that look similar to yours are not getting accepted.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference.
by
by
by
by
by
by