438 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Pixelous says

Theme-Forge, I am not glad that other themes that look similar to each other and lot of them look like amateur are getting accepted everyday.

As the reviewer have said:

I think we’re reached a point of saturation…

[removed by Mod]

4343 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

@Pixelous

Which account did you used to submit your theme? I can’t find any recent submission in your account.

I’ll take a look and let you know if we can approve it or not. Please contact Support and email me the ticket ID.

82 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
GJThemes says

So these last 2 really unique and my not? I can’t beleive you were hired to work as reviewers.
Probably not a good idea to go negative on a reviewer, but I can understand your frustration. Note that I know some elite authors have had the same kind of form letter rejections as you and many others, but have to remember this is themeforest’s site and their rules and terms and sure there are some advantages of some over others, but eventually if you keep at it, you will get the elite status as well. Ivor (the staff) is willing to look into your theme which is a nice thing to do really.

In general, getting a theme rejected is a very upsetting feeling, especially if a person spends a long time working on it to get rejected in as little as minutes. One thing I’ve done that many don’t do or have is that if you get a theme rejected, have your own website that you can sell it from there instead. I’ve done that and all is not lost…just means you get 100% of the sale from your own site :)

Moral of the story here is to keep at it, make themes, and simply try to keep improving on each one but stay professional and patient because for everyone, there will be some rejections and keep things in good standing because at some point, you may get one of these BIG selling themes!

638 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

Also maybe good to know, that even if even when a theme has a similar look, it could still get approved because it maybe has unique features, either back-end of front-end. That also counts.

277 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

BTW. It was hard or soft rejection?

590 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
CodeSwift says

BTW. It was hard or soft rejection?

Must be hard since he’s so angry.

438 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Pixelous says

@Pixelous

Which account did you used to submit your theme? I can’t find any recent submission in your account.

I’ll take a look and let you know if we can approve it or not. Please contact Support and email me the ticket ID.

Hi Ivor!

We have submitted the theme from another account. We have contacted Support and mailed you the ticket ID.

ChapterThemes we have such unique feature as Royal Slider. We have bought a Royal Slider extended license for the theme. While the purchase of extended license is disabled by it’s author he was kind enought to sold it to us. Also we would like to inform we use IcoMoon Icon Fonts Ultimate Pack $59 value http://icomoon.io/#preview-ultimate But it did not help us in approval our theme unfortunately.

Vasterad it was soft rejected. Currently we have 2 WordPress themes that are soft rejected and don’t know how to improve them without fail.

277 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

Recently I got 3 times soft rejections and I’m a little depressed. Anyway I took reviewers’ advices (even if they gave me generic statement / didn’t pointed me out what was exactly wrong) and waiting for review after revamped my new release in yesterday’s update. I think they were right and all changes have made my theme much better.

BTW. Could you provide us link to your theme? How many updates and soft rejections did you get for these two themes? What about reviewers’ statement? How it looks like?

138 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
x4er0 says

Reviewer is also people… sometimes make mistakes.. My example: Reject – not unique and errors, I’m improved errors, upload and got accepted. Next example – My friend send item to Wordpress, got accepted, He create html version and got reject “minimum quality requirements” It’s only people…

638 posts
ChapterThemes says

ChapterThemes we have such unique feature as Royal Slider. We have bought a Royal Slider extended license for the theme. While the purchase of extended license is disabled by it’s author he was kind enought to sold it to us. Also we would like to inform we use IcoMoon Icon Fonts Ultimate Pack $59 value http://icomoon.io/#preview-ultimate But it did not help us in approval our theme unfortunately.

Well i must say i’m not a big fan of so called ‘premium’ themes with purchased premium functions in it. Mather a fact i think themeforest should discourage that. That way everyone could call themself a ‘premium’ theme author and buy a couple of extended plugins and include that in the theme.

Maybe because they are bought implemented plugins they are not noticed as premium extra functionalities…

by
by
by
by
by
by