• Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
LucidStudios says

I think Kailoon is the reviewer who will always give you some custom feedback instead of a 100% template feedback.
feedback you should have contacted Support.

I understand the rejection decision and accept it because we also want to sell qualitative work here :)

Sometimes it is best to start afresh so we will make new themes for TF in new year ;)

Edit: ThemeBakers is my joint account with a designer partner.

123 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
egobuilders says

“doesn’t meet the design standards” ...that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo vague, and it’s only a matter of opinion. How is that any different than saying, “you have to figure out why the reviewer doesn’t like your template.” – what’s the difference?

I’ve seen some pretty bad designs get approved on here and sell like crazy. I mean like, black text on a white background and two straight rows of dots. And that’s the header! “doesn’t meet the design standards” ...what design standards?

The reviewer could at least say, “In my personal opinion, I don’t like your design, so I’m not going to approve it.” …especially when the author has ALREADY sacrificed their own design style (which their personal clients love and pay money for) in order to compromise and make something that looks like most of the other templates on here, only to be told that it “doesn’t meet the design standards.” Come on, we deserve a better explanation than that.

Imagine going to a meeting at work, and your boss says, “what you did is not what I like” and then leaves it at that. How are you supposed to correct it? Seriously? Isn’t it just plain common sense to tell the author specifically what needs to be corrected on their template? Am I supposed to guess what is preferred by someone I have never met and figure out how to design something that they like? That’s impossible.

590 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
CodeSwift says

“doesn’t meet the design standards” ...that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo vague, and it’s only a matter of opinion. How is that any different than saying, “you have to figure out why the reviewer doesn’t like your template.” – what’s the difference? I’ve seen some pretty bad designs get approved on here and sell like crazy. I mean like, black text on a white background and two rows of dots. And that’s the header! “doesn’t meet the design standards” ...what design standards?

I saw your topic in the Item Discussion section of the forum, i guess your item got rejected today, right? Why don’t you share the demo link with us and we’ll all join in to figure out why it got rejected.

Imagine going to a meeting at work, and your boss says, “what you did is not what I like” and then leaves it at that. How are you supposed to correct it? Seriously? Isn’t it just plain common sense to tell the author specifically what needs to be corrected on their template?

If you were hired to do a job and you didn’t do it well and you don’t know what you did wrong then you’ll probably get fired the second time since you obviously don’t know what you’re doing.

123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
egobuilders says

WPScientist, I’ve designed, built, and launched over 100 websites for my clients, so I know what I am doing. If they don’t like the first design, they tell me why, and I correct it, and then they like it. My point is, the reviewers need to give specific answers, instead of making us jump through hoops to get an explanation.

I would post a link to my rejected template, but all of the design elements were taken from existing templates that were obviously approved, and the comments I always get, with every template, suggest that particular things need to be changed (why change something that looks like the other approved templates? especially when I’m told to “familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting”) …I already did that BEFORE I submitted my template! LOL! Are you kidding me? That’s why my template looks the way it does, because I familiarized myself with their current library and quality levels of popular items. My design was based on their library! Jeeze! Too funny. It’s like, they’re rejecting what they already approved!

I bet if I put up a link to an existing template from someone that was approved, and no one knew where it was from, it would get plenty of recommendations for drastic improvements.

175 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
ThemePrince says
...all of the design elements were taken from existing templates that were obviously approved…

If you cut the best parts of top sport cars and weld them together it doesn’t mean they will look great together.

123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
egobuilders says

If you cut the best parts of top sport cars and weld them together it doesn’t mean they will look great together.

Do you mean like, a Porsche 911 front end, with a Lamborghini Diablo back end?

Ok fine, here’s my rejected theme… But keep in mind, this is not my normal style, I was merely trying to conform to ThemeForest. Please keep in that this is a Landing Page, and not a full website template… (I think the sidebar is a bit tacky though… LOL)

http://activit.egobuilders.net/

NOTE: If there is something technically wrong with it wherein it just does not work properly, then the reviewer should tell me that. If they personally don’t like the design, then they should tell me WHAT they don’t like about it. I can’t change it if I don’t know what they are referring to. That’s all I’ve been trying to say : )

This response below tells me NOTHING… (actual feedback from my reviewer)

“Unfortunately your submission Activit – Tabbed Landing Page with Working Form isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.” – LIKE WHAT??? HOW CAN I FIX IT IF I DON’T KNOW WHAT IT IS?

“Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.” – What? I already did that before I designed the template!

255 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
PersianArt says

I’ve seen some pretty bad designs get approved on here and sell like crazy. I mean like, black text on a white background and two straight rows of dots. And that’s the header! “doesn’t meet the design standards” ...what design standards?

The reviewer could at least say, “In my personal opinion, I don’t like your design, so I’m not going to approve it.” …especially when the author has ALREADY sacrificed their own design style (which their personal clients love and pay money for) in order to compromise and make something that looks like most of the other templates on here, only to be told that it “doesn’t meet the design standards.” Come on, we deserve a better explanation than that.

I bet if I put up a link to an existing template from someone that was approved, and no one knew where it was from, it would get plenty of recommendations for drastic improvements.

exactly correct !!!

my last reason was “the overall design is generic and dull”, may be for you is dull, may be for some one and customers is not it. However, when the similar theme are accepted and when the bests of site are not populars of site.

see some “korean site”, I think most of them (99/99%) can not approved here, it means that they are not standard?

569 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
AlexFjord says

While I agree that design aesthetics is subjective at times we all need to remember that the reviewers have got the job because they are experienced designers or developers and importantly they know the marketplace and what suits here ensuring a certain standard.

each one who has been deemed to be knowledgable and experienced enough for the job deserves us to respect their ability and decisions.

as has been mentioned there are ways of contacting support etc to query your feedback but clients feedback etc against the hundreds of submissions the reviewers receive is not comparable.

looking at your design it is nice – in my opinion not quite as clean or fluid as some of the existing top selling landing pages but more from a visual perspective than anything else (obviously that’s only my opinion) but perhaps seeking personal designed concepts rather than “taking from existing approved templates” might make it more unique and therefore more likely to be approved? Good luck

2186 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
manuelvega says

Let me tell you this .. The design also has its technical part .. The reviewer is not allowed to say i dont like this theme ok reject .. That someone likes it or not depends on the taste of each person, but are some rules & trends to follow .. Aesthetics must be consistent with its purpose & should be pleasing to the eye.

123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
egobuilders says

Thanks AjexFjord… If they would approve my template, it will sell, that’s a fact, no one can say that it won’t. Maybe not a ton, but enough to get things moving since I quit my job a year ago in order to dedicate the 16 hours per day that I’ve been fully dedicating to creating ThemeForest templates. And when I say 16 hours per day, I mean every single day, month after month. Seriously.

The least they could do is provide an explanation of what needs to be improved on any rejected templates. If they can’t do that, then there’s NO EXCUSE for not accepting it. Seriously.

by
by
by
by
by
by