• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United Kingdom
codeblvck says

ill +1 that ivor is a good reviewer.

@egobuilders I dont know why not many other authors are telling you, and I apologize if I sound harsh but you need a reality check if you can stand and make a statement like webdesign is easy and submit something so crap.

http://activit.egobuilders.net/

your template colors are awful, it looks dated dull and boring, not only that, it looks cheap. It looks like something that took 2 hrs if that.

“I can effortlessly design literally anything on ThemeForest, and anything that any professional design agency creates (if anything, I think I often OVER-design). “

Clearly you need to reconsider your above statement. Good luck

123 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United States
egobuilders says

ill +1 that ivor is a good reviewer.

@egobuilders I dont know why not many other authors are telling you, and I apologize if I sound harsh but you need a reality check if you can stand and make a statement like webdesign is easy and submit something so crap.

http://activit.egobuilders.net/

your template colors are awful, it looks dated dull and boring, not only that, it looks cheap. It looks like something that took 2 hrs if that.

“I can effortlessly design literally anything on ThemeForest, and anything that any professional design agency creates (if anything, I think I often OVER-design). “

Clearly you need to reconsider your above statement. Good luck

As I’ve stated multiple times on here, that is not how I normally design. I was merely trying to match the style that I see frequently on ThemeForest. Many people told me they like the colors, but I personally do not.

Web design is very easy. It’s an exact science. Width, height, color, very easy. Designing is easy. I don’t see what’s so difficult about dragging a marquee and filling it with a color, and adding a pattern or picture or whatever. I don’t design for me, I design what my clients ask for. I can’t help it if web design is not difficult for me to do. I just find it difficult to read the minds of the reviewers. LOL. I can just keep repeating that message over and over again on here I guess. Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V… easy.

140 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United Kingdom
codeblvck says

well clearly its not easy for you, or you wouldnt be here ‘trying’ to COPY what you think sells and still not be able to do it right…

and it cant be easy for you if you are not confident enough to submit your own style because you think it wont sell.

buddy if it was that easy for you we wont be having this conversation.

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

This is turning hot.
A tip for newbies. If you are rejected, you can do two things:

1) Drink another Gintonic and lower your standards.
2) Go home and try to think how to improve your system for the next saturday.

I normally go with 1), even several times the same night, and i often get approved (usually by a girl that has also lowered her standards four or five times). Option 2) requires more work, which is not easy with an obfuscated brain.

123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
egobuilders says

well clearly its not easy for you, or you wouldnt be here ‘trying’ to COPY what you think sells and still not be able to do it right…

and it cant be easy for you if you are not confident enough to submit your own style because you think it wont sell.

buddy if it was that easy for you we wont be having this conversation.

I don’t even know what you’re talking about man. Building websites is easy. Guessing what is going to sell is not easy. There, I said the same thing again. I can do this all day.

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

Seems you’re trying to make some new friends dude. Actually what you’re saying is a great disrespect for all the hard work webdesign is about.
You’re sayin’ that webdesign is easy but you’re not able to serve a well-thought finished product.
You’re saying that you were trying to match the style you’re seeing here. I’m here everyday but it’s been long time ago I’ve seen such a template like yours.
You’re saying that many people have told you the like the colors, but you don’t give any reference to them.

You think you’re that good? You think you’re the best? Is this the best you have to offer? And don’t tell me that you’ve never mentioned that, because THAT is what you’re basically saying – you just use a different wording :smug:

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

I don’t even know what you’re talking about man. Building websites is easy. Guessing what is going to sell is not easy. There, I said the same thing again. I can do this all day.

WOW…ok it seems you didn’t even understand what Webdesign is. You think Webdesign is simply opening an editor, writing some basic HTML and CSS and that’s it? Oh dude, you’re soooo wrong. You can speak of luck that you’ve got that many projects from your clients (if this is true).

5311 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

I think sometimes just because we might design websites for clients we think we can make premium templates. There’s a big difference.

123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
egobuilders says

@infuse01 – “You think you’re the best?” ...man, you are totally twisting what I said. This is completely pointless. I’m simply saying that I have the capacity to build templates on here, so twist it any way you want. One single theme is not an indicator of someone’s complete skill set, LMAO. I’m done with this thread.

2183 posts
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
manuelvega says

some funny gif to break the ice ? :)

by