439 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Pixelous says

Hi there!

First I wish to say much thanks to Ivor. He was kind enought to explain what I need to improve in our soft rejected theme.

But still don’t understand the reviewer’s logic (not Ivor’s):

Anyway, the submitted theme doesn’t provide anything unique or value as a theme. It is more like a technical tutorial demo rather than a working and complete theme. Minimal templates can be clean and simple when you manage to handle the white space and details to provide a simple but yet unique template. But if you can’t, it will look like an incomplete template – blank template.

And here is the link to the theme – link

Any help much appreciated!

I know this link will be removed by mod but please see http://www.wpexplorer.me/premium/photojax/

What is AJ’s theme better than mine? Because he is an elite author right? His theme is perfect I think, looks minimal and professional. My theme really nonunique? I don’t understand the reviewer’s logic.

Thanks for your attention.

332 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
dekciw says

Why would you ask for help tweaking a theme you’ve already uploaded elsewhere? Looks like you don’t care where to sell it.

btw, that’s your third (?) topic in past two days calling out on the reviewers.. no offence, but imo, you should see your therapist.

1034 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

First, you’re not allowed to mention the reviewers name.

Second, What logic are you confused about? Yeah it’s not unique there are a lot of these types of themes and yours doesn’t look that unique!

Third, if what dekciw said is true, that you sell your templates elsewhere you really shouldn’t be an exclusive author

332 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
dekciw says

First, you’re not allowed to mention the reviewers name.

Second, What logic are you confused about? Yeah it’s not unique there are a lot of these types of themes and yours doesn’t look that unique!

Third, if what dekciw said is true, that you sell your templates elsewhere you really shouldn’t be an exclusive author

Yesterday he was proud enough to post a link to that exact theme (pulse) being sold on another marketplace :) I guess, he meant something like ‘look, you rejected my theme, and another marketplace accepted it, me so cool’ by doing that.

1190 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+1 more
tommusrhodus says

Hey man,

Iff you’re soft-rejected then you’re on your way there already – the typography in AJ’s theme is perfect – yours is not, look into is, the headings in the blog have no weight to them & don’t provide very good visual contrast.

Tom

1729 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
FinalDestiny says

Well, if it’s not accepted here, it’s his right to sell it elsewhere, that’s not the point, re-read his question.

332 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
dekciw says

Well, if it’s not accepted here, it’s his right to sell it elsewhere, that’s not the point, re-read his question.

I know that. But imo, he should stop making new topics and complaining about reviews, etc. if he got that theme accepted elsewhere.

590 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
CodeSwift says

Please stop. For the bast few days you were insulting the reviewers and talking bad about our themes (first mine, now WPExplorer’s), that attitude won’t help you at all.

And the thread you posted yesterday where you said our new theme is your and got rejected is a very very childish move. This isn’t kindergarten, this is business, act accordingly.

And the fact that you’re an exclusive author yet you sell that exact same theme on a different marketplace and still trying to get it approved here will get you banned.

And about your design, it’s not good enough for TF. It has nothing to do with uniqueness, it simply isn’t good enough. And every page looks like it’s a different website. It needs more work. For minimal themes spacing and typography are very important, so work on that as well.

1674 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says
Here’s to help you understand why:
  • the headings are not leading, they need tone contrast to strike first
  • on this page http://demo.megathe.me/pulse/shortcodes/ here for instance there is no hierarchy, no spacing concept, total chaos, you don’t know where is all started or ended
  • your header is not good enough, looks like a text line with 3 different styles within with other words, nothing interesting there, so minimal is not reducing all to zero, but removing what’s not really needed

Don’t blame reviewers for your rejection, your theme would never sell here, the only one to blame is yourself, you need more practice, more features and above all, the unique style of your own, grown up to the levels here.

439 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Pixelous says

And the fact that you’re an exclusive author yet you sell that exact same theme on a different marketplace and still trying to get it approved here will get you banned. And about your design, it’s not good enough for TF. It has nothing to do with uniqueness, it simply isn’t good enough. And every page looks like it’s a different website. It needs more work. For minimal themes spacing and typography are very important, so work on that as well.

I don’t sell the theme here because it’s soft rejected. Thanks for the warning though.

Advise please what I need to improve other than typography?

Thanks and your themes are great by the way really!

by
by
by
by
by
by