439 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Pixelous says

Here’s to help you understand why: * the headings are not leading, they need tone contrast to strike first * on this page http://demo.megathe.me/pulse/shortcodes/ here for instance there is no hierarchy, no spacing concept, total chaos, you don’t know where is all started or ended * your header is not good enough, looks like a text line with 3 different styles within with other words, nothing interesting there, so minimal is not reducing all to zero, but removing what’s not really needed Don’t blame reviewers for your rejection, your theme would never sell here, the only one to blame is yourself, you need more practice, more features and above all, the unique style of your own, grown up to the levels here.

Thanks, what do you think about the header here? [link removed]

1590 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Stop talking about other people’s themes and look / talk about yours. Looking at other people’s work will lead you to failure.

1645 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

Pixelous, read my previous message and relax, they are all for your own good.

Question, do you know about Achmed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
439 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Pixelous says

Pixelous, read my previous message and relax, they are all for your own good.

Question, do you know about Achmed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go

No, I don’t know who is Achmed sorry.

199 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Bulgaria
joomfx says

@Pixelous – Man, at the beginning I didn’t want to say anything on your topics but now I just cannot stop myself :P

You really need to stop all this, this is a very friendly advice! You are drawing the other authors attention and the reviewers attention on you and you are drawing this attention with bad things. There is no point of that! All these topics will not do anything good to you, just the opposite.

Most of the authors here have been rejected more than once, just get used with this. Pointing to other authors items is more than a bad thing even if you are right, but you are not right at all – WPScientist is a great author, the last theme is clean and awesome, WPExplorer’s theme is also great – simple, yet great :)

Just go out, take a walk, leave TF for few days and then open your theme again and start improving it. This is it! A rejected theme is not the end of the world – you will have other themes rejected as well, that’s for sure! So just learn how to turn the rejection into a good thing for you. Yes, it is really frustrating to get rejected when you have worked more than a month, but believe me there is a reason for this rejections…. As Danny (dnp_theme) said in another topic “when you reach 10 or 100 rejections you will know much more” :D

As a conclusion, I do not see any point of posting a theme/template in the forum when it gets rejected. Just calm down, have a rest and start improving it :)

439 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Pixelous says

Stop talking about other people’s themes and look / talk about yours. Looking at other people’s work will lead you to failure.

But why? The header in my theme is too generic and simple? No problem, I am agree. The header of AJ’s last theme is rich and unique?

248 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
dwhitmore says

Isn’t it obvious? Your theme doesn’t include loads of pictures of really hot women!

Dan

439 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Pixelous says

Isn’t it obvious? Your theme doesn’t include loads of pictures of really hot women! Dan

Ahahaha :)

Something like this?

\\

490 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
wopethemes says

The funny is he’s trying to compare his theme to other themes which have different theme type. Sound like I trying to compare my metro iphone to a nokia metro phone.

Reviewer was true , your theme don’t have enough unique.

439 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Pixelous says

The funny is he’s trying to compare his theme to other themes which have different theme type. Sound like I trying to compare my metro iphone to a nokia metro phone.
Reviewer was true , your theme don’t have enough unique.

rongcon you aren’t right actually. They are both photography themes – mine and AJ’s theme.

Could you say please what is unique in AJ theme?

by
by
by
by
by
by