• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Vasterad says

The funny is he’s trying to compare his theme to other themes which have different theme type. Sound like I trying to compare my metro iphone to a nokia metro phone.
Reviewer was true , your theme don’t have enough unique.

rongcon you aren’t right actually. They are both photography themes – mine and AJ’s theme.

Could you say please what is unique in AJ theme?
every can see two themes have different type. one is showcase and one is look like portfolio. we have many ways to describe a photo site. in your showcase , it need more stunning graphics like other successful showcase. your theme was too simple to be non-unique.
You mean too simple to be unique? Which kind of graphics AJ’s theme provide?

I would recommend you to calm down. TRY TO BE KIND. ;)

439 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Pixelous says

Woow! The people is very angry here… I can smell the madness :D @Pixelous: You were very lucky getting a soft-rejection, but… you are an exclusive author in TF; your theme Pulse is in another marketplace. You can’t get anything with this discussion because you are not allowed to sell Pulse in TF since you sell in the “other” marketplace.

It’s not a luck man. It’s a practice. Currently I have 2 themes that are hidden. Cheers.

255 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
PersianArt says

I sad for review and many rejections too, at least you have approved theme here that i haven’t, excuse me but, in my opinion it has better than you, it is very simple but better. at least has not simple issue like this. I did think you can find this issue in approved theme.

Click here to view full size

it is in opera 11.61 in 1680*1050

I also accept the elite author are easier to approve his themes and may be it is for that they know what theme approved here and what is that reviewer taste.

try for create theme that can approved, you did it several times ago.

good luck, have nice time

153 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
wpminima says

Kindness goes a long way and people will respect you if you give respect to them :)

Just chill! I’m sure you’re a good designer but comparing your work to other themes just doesn’t cut it. If a theme got approved that looks similar to yours it could be for a huge number of reasons. However that’s not important, what is important is to focus on your own work and try to make it better and polish it out.

Good luck mate and just be careful about writing the names of authors etc. You are kicking people in the shins by doing so. (if that is even an expression in english :D).

434 posts I love the web!
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
htmgarcia says

Woow! The people is very angry here… I can smell the madness :D @Pixelous: You were very lucky getting a soft-rejection, but… you are an exclusive author in TF; your theme Pulse is in another marketplace. You can’t get anything with this discussion because you are not allowed to sell Pulse in TF since you sell in the “other” marketplace.
It’s not a luck man. It’s a practice. Currently I have 2 themes that are hidden. Cheers.

I recommend you (as anothers author said here) take a break, walk and then ask for advice about what improve in your theme. I mean, be rejected is really frustrating; yesterday I get a hard rejection in an HTML template that I design for more than a month, but the true is: Every design can be improve it. Face the challenge and you may get more benefits from it. Cheers.

84 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
hainug says

I also accept the elite author are easier to approve his themes and may be it is for that they know what theme approved here and what is that reviewer taste.

Actually i have a friend who become elite author in here, and he still often get hard rejected for his latest theme, hahahaha.

The most important thing is never give up and don’t blame the others people.

1068 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Smartik says

Hey. I don’t like to see topics like this, but also I don’t want to leave a negative message and to offend you. So, I will leave an advice instead.

Your theme is really simple, and there is nothing new to see. Maybe it has something unique but when you open it first time, the impresion is like this “OK, this theme looks similar to others. Nothing new from UI/UX point of view.”

So, what you can do. Well I don’t know exactly. But, maybe the best answer would be to use this as framework and make a better design(something nice).

And, one more thing. How you would feel if somebody will say that one of your theme that is already on TF will say that it looks bad and his theme is better than your? That’s how you did now. Don’t offend other TF authors. Please, just don’t do that. :)

Hope my answer is helpful.

All the best.

490 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
wopethemes says

Your theme is really simple, and there is nothing new to see. Maybe it has something unique but when you open it first time, the impresion is like this “OK, this theme looks similar to others. Nothing new from UI/UX point of view.”

good point +1

611 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
ChapterThemes says

@Pixelous – Man, at the beginning I didn’t want to say anything on your topics but now I just cannot stop myself :P

You really need to stop all this, this is a very friendly advice! You are drawing the other authors attention and the reviewers attention on you and you are drawing this attention with bad things. There is no point of that! All these topics will not do anything good to you, just the opposite.

Most of the authors here have been rejected more than once, just get used with this. Pointing to other authors items is more than a bad thing even if you are right, but you are not right at all – WPScientist is a great author, the last theme is clean and awesome, WPExplorer’s theme is also great – simple, yet great :)

Just go out, take a walk, leave TF for few days and then open your theme again and start improving it. This is it! A rejected theme is not the end of the world – you will have other themes rejected as well, that’s for sure! So just learn how to turn the rejection into a good thing for you. Yes, it is really frustrating to get rejected when you have worked more than a month, but believe me there is a reason for this rejections…. As Danny (dnp_theme) said in another topic “when you reach 10 or 100 rejections you will know much more” :D

As a conclusion, I do not see any point of posting a theme/template in the forum when it gets rejected. Just calm down, have a rest and start improving it :)

+ 10 gazillion

You got 99 problems but themeforest ain’t one, hit me! pfff ptsshhh pff pff ptshhhh

by
by
by
by
by
by