• Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
Wayman says

I just noticed that one of new projects on Videohive has a same name as my one. What do you feel about this kind of events when it happens with your projects? :) Also, do you think this is normal? Or do you think it is wrong to do that? I understand that opinions may differ, but I’m just wondering.

Maybe I’m a bit old fashioned, but I think it’s a bit wrong to do that. I just always try to use search before giving the name of the new project. Or if I don’t have any idea of how to call my new project, I just call it as a music track which I used in a project.

385 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Italy
realthing says

I just noticed that one of new projects on Videohive has a same name as my one. What do you feel about this kind of events when it happens with your projects? :) Also, do you think this is normal? Or do you think it is wrong to do that? I understand that opinions may differ, but I’m just wondering. Maybe I’m a bit old fashioned, but I think it’s a bit wrong to do that. I just always try to use search before giving the name of the new project. Or if I don’t have any idea of how to call my new project, I just call it as a music track which I used in a project.

Hi Wayman

I think that most of the authors around here, try to be original at list in there title. So probably the author didn’t choose by purpose a title like yours. Probably this happened just because its impossible to know all the titles by memory. Me personally when its time to title a file, I first check with the videohive browser to see if there is something there already. Any way I don’t believe that the same titles can effect the sales

1815 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
Mocarg Volunteer moderator says

If you title is simple like “Turtle” then i don’t mind. But when i name my file “Turtle coming home from vacation in Greece” and someone names it like that then i am upset but what can you do…

385 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
realthing says

If you title is simple like “Turtle” then i don’t mind. But when i name my file “Turtle coming home from vacation in Greece” and someone names it like that then i am upset but what can you do…

Well its true, but I never saw a case like the one you describe, or if something like this happened for sure I don’t support it. BTW I was in Greece for vacations this summer :)

1541 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
dorde says

I don’t see the problem here. There are 3 projects with name “adrenaline”, two projects with name “movie intro” (my items are older). I didn’t invented any of those words or phrases, so I can’t complain. There are maybe more projects, and maybe I used same name(s) of other items… I don’t know.

Mocarg is right.

385 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
realthing says

Hey Wayman I just saw the file you are talking about and…. actually you have 2 files with this name. You have to consider that the author in totally new and probably he didn’t know….. I think its better to contact him.

221 posts Per aspera ad Astra
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+2 more
Wayman says

Thanks for your opinions, guys!

Hey Wayman I just saw the file you are talking about and…. actually you have 2 files with this name. You have to consider that the author in totally new and probably he didn’t know….. I think its better to contact him.

I don’t want to complain, because there are no rules about names of projects. I just wondering how think about it the other authors. I think if ten projects will have the same name, this is not good, someone thinks that this is normal. :)

432 posts butlerm.com
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Beta Tester
+10 more
butlerm says

I just noticed that one of new projects on Videohive has a same name as my one. What do you feel about this kind of events when it happens with your projects? :) Also, do you think this is normal? Or do you think it is wrong to do that? I understand that opinions may differ, but I’m just wondering. Maybe I’m a bit old fashioned, but I think it’s a bit wrong to do that. I just always try to use search before giving the name of the new project. Or if I don’t have any idea of how to call my new project, I just call it as a music track which I used in a project.

I just noticed that there are a bunch of people named Matthew Butler. Maybe I’m a bit old fashion but I think that it’s a bit wrong to have more than one person on this earth with the same name.

5031 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

I just noticed that there are a bunch of people named Matthew Butler. Maybe I’m a bit old fashion but I think that it’s a bit wrong to have more than one person on this earth with the same name.

Then you’ll be needing a name a bit more like Johann Gambolputty… :-)

3900 posts After Effects Templates
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
miseld says

I got the same problem but at the end i figure out that all items have unique ID. At the end i am the first :)

by
by
by
by
by
by