222 posts What dreams may come...
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
VideoMagus says

;) Hmmm, and what about ‘Romeo & Juliet’ ? – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romeo_and_Juliet_%28films%29

2354 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

I just noticed that one of new projects on Videohive has a same name as my one. What do you feel about this kind of events when it happens with your projects? :) Also, do you think this is normal? Or do you think it is wrong to do that? I understand that opinions may differ, but I’m just wondering. Maybe I’m a bit old fashioned, but I think it’s a bit wrong to do that. I just always try to use search before giving the name of the new project. Or if I don’t have any idea of how to call my new project, I just call it as a music track which I used in a project.
I just noticed that there are a bunch of people named Matthew Butler. Maybe I’m a bit old fashion but I think that it’s a bit wrong to have more than one person on this earth with the same name.
Then you’ll be needing a name a bit more like Johann Gambolputty… :-)

aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaahah

224 posts Per aspera ad Astra
  • Won a competition
+9 more
Wayman says

I just noticed that one of new projects on Videohive has a same name as my one. What do you feel about this kind of events when it happens with your projects? :) Also, do you think this is normal? Or do you think it is wrong to do that? I understand that opinions may differ, but I’m just wondering. Maybe I’m a bit old fashioned, but I think it’s a bit wrong to do that. I just always try to use search before giving the name of the new project. Or if I don’t have any idea of how to call my new project, I just call it as a music track which I used in a project.
I just noticed that there are a bunch of people named Matthew Butler. Maybe I’m a bit old fashion but I think that it’s a bit wrong to have more than one person on this earth with the same name.

Oh, I get your sarcasm, but… do I say something about the whole World? This talk only about projects on VideoHive. I’m not sure that here at VidiHive are exist two or more identical nickname “butlerm”, albeit with different passwords. But if to talk about the all World then, please tell me, can you start production of mobile phones and computers and to call your company Apple? It’s just a fruit and your phones are not like iPhone. :) Or can you create your own operating system for computers, quite different from Windows (Microsoft) and to call your operating system Windows (here write the name of your company. Oh, yes – Apple :) ). Because this word just windows. “Maybe I’m old fashion, but it seems to me it a bit wrong that only these two companies have a right to these names. Am I right”?

;) Hmmm, and what about ‘Romeo & Juliet’ ? – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romeo_and_Juliet_%28films%29

Timur, I mean names only for projects on VideoHive. :) And besides, all movie on this list are united by one novel – Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. They do have the common basis with each other.

492 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
DoubleX says

Speaking about Memories – yes, it’s ok I believe, it’s pretty common word for a project. Like words text, gallery, opener, logo, universe, etc… But if somebody named his project Back in London or Days Of Our Lives, then I’d be mad (if I were you).

224 posts Per aspera ad Astra
  • Won a competition
+9 more
Wayman says

Speaking about Memories – yes, it’s ok I believe, it’s pretty common word for a project. Like words text, gallery, opener, logo, universe, etc… But if somebody named his project Back in London or Days Of Our Lives, then I’d be mad (if I were you).

Yes Matthew, with your opinion and Mocarg’s opinion I more agree.

But be that as it may, guys, I do not appeal to create a new rules concerning of names of projects, I just want to know what authors think about it. I started this thread, not because I am outraged about it and I didn’t write to support, I’m just share with you my opinion and want to hear your opinion and not a sarcasm in my side.

1567 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

No problems here.

Best Regards, Andrey

by
by
by