161 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
PrismicStudios says

Well, I just dropped $1,500 on a 1.8 size shakuhachi (Japanese bamboo buddhist flute) in Tokyo made by Chikufuu. This is the one that Zen monks play to become enlightened. 300 years ago it was illegal to touch one if you were not a monk, and the players were guaranteed free passage on ships, free admittance to plays, and free travel between all the prefectures of Japan by the Shogunate. Many were ex-samurai and used the heavy flute as a deadly club in combat. They wore giant baskets on their heads to emphasize their detachment from the physical world. I’ve looked and looked and I can’t find a single piece of ACTUAL shakuhachi music on audiojungle played on a real shakuhachi. Well just you wait. Coming soon to audiojungle! http://fradive.webs.ull.es/confe/heid2009/zenshakuh.jpg

1379 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+5 more
lucafrancini Reviewer says

Awesome! :D Enigma style, please!

501 posts Epic Trailer Music
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
MartijndeBont says

Awesome! I love the sound of those!! :)

161 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
PrismicStudios says

I can also lay down shakuhachi lines for you guys if you want, i have available to me the D minor pentatonic scale in two octaves (mainly, other bent notes can be played.)

328 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
MValentino says

I’ve looked and looked and I can’t find a single piece of ACTUAL shakuhachi music on audiojungle played on a real shakuhachi.
...maybe because there’s no monks or samurai on audiojungle :) Anyway, I’m very curious about.
1455 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Norway
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Mihai_Sorohan says

I might need for my album, not AJ material. I will PM you when my tracks will be in shape of getting more instruments and let’s hope the offer will still be available.

222 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Blog Editor
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
adriantry Staff says

Congratulations Blacklamp. I love the sound, and try playing it on my keyboard regularly. But it wouldn’t compare to owning a real one. I’m looking forward to hearing it on AJ!

548 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

That’s a serious-looking flute – is it necessary to wear a basket on your head when you play though? Those shoes are amazing too, but probably not good for running away after you’ve walloped someone with the Shakuhachi! Look forward to hearing your music with it :)

161 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
PrismicStudios says

Only the monks of ancient times wore the basket, people today wear them as costumes during some rare performances. Mejiro (shakuhachi store), which is like a 5 minute walk from Mejiro station in Tokyo, has the outfits for sale, the begging bowl, the tengu hat, the sash and the shoes. The Fuke sect was banned a few hundred years ago after some political upheaval because they were spies for the previous government, hence the special privileges.

It’s notoriously difficult to play, i’ve spent about 6 barely squeaking out a tone, and another 6 months where all I could do was string together an exhausted sounding single line and then have to sit down. Normally when I pick up a new instrument, I can make something nice happen on it in a few days, sometimes a few hours, but not this beast.

Here is mine: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/392413_10100159599907741_1959763826_n.jpg

That shakuhachi offer will ALWAYS be available, as well as 10 mic live drums or any other of the 30 or more instruments that I play. PM me for more info.

161 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
PrismicStudios says
by
by
by
by