293 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
crossroad says

Every other theme is using this term these days. For many of these retina themes, I cannot find anything different than most of the ‘non retina’ themes.

So I want to know what are the standards for qualifying the theme as retina ready? May be I’m wrong, but I personally feel that this term is being misused.

19 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
parksandparker says

Vector icons, CSS3 instead of images (or media queries to target retina).

That kind of stuff. Basically making everything look sharp on Retina displays.

161 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themebros says

If the theme can automatically replace images with retina versions (if a retina version is available) it’s retina ready. And those things Dahn said. Quite a simple feature.

Soon all the theme will be responsive so the term “responsive” will no longer be used in item names. After a while same thing will happen with “retina ready”.

5322 posts The Dude Abides
    Located in United States Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Definitely misused. I’ve yet to see an item with retina-ready photography, so items should really be saying “retina-ready graphics” to be more clear.

In a related note, “responsive” has the same problem. Customers expect the word “responsive” to mean “translates to mobile”, but sometimes text in a slider scales down to the point where you can’t even read it.

3072 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

I like the “responsive” labeled designs that use lightboxes that show the big image even smaller than the original view.

266 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

I like the “responsive” labeled designs that use lightboxes that show the big image even smaller than the original view.
+1, who cares… :D
10 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Located in Canada Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
kod3r says

Hi buddies… this article talk about retina display [link removed by mod]

Note : regardless of the positive intention, linking to websites advertising competing services is not allowed as per Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read them here:

http://themeforest.net/community/forum_rules
450 posts WordPress Gurus!
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

Vector icons, CSS3 instead of images (or media queries to target retina). That kind of stuff. Basically making everything look sharp on Retina displays.

Agree here. It’s what we’ve done.

4189 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Envato team says

Definitely misused. I’ve yet to see an item with retina-ready photography, so items should really be saying “retina-ready graphics” to be more clear.

Really now?!

3516 posts Ruben Bristian
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Really now?!

I’m not sure if there are none, but there are few.. Nimble is one of them(not in the layer slider though).. Another one would be the one that i’m developing now :D

by
by
by
by
by
by