1560 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

I will continue starting so called whining-threads because as mentioned here, there seems to be one reviewer who likes to hard reject potentional topsellers without any given reason.

if there are few evidences that one person do bad job of reviewing/rejecting for great items confirmed with further sales after acceptance by other reviewer why not to raise this issue to somebody who is responsible for hiring/training reviewers or lead reviewer or their supervisor? I don’t know Envato structure but this sounds to be the real issue.

Best Regards, Andrey

856 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+9 more
MotionRevolver Envato team says

I will continue starting so called whining-threads because as mentioned here, there seems to be one reviewer who likes to hard reject potentional topsellers without any given reason.

That’s a pretty irresponsible statement, and this sort of sentiment is exactly why people are tired of reading about complaints in the forums.

If you feel you have a grievance to air, or something to discuss in a professional manner, please, by all means contact support and voice your concern.

327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Located in Turkey
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Balistique says

Hi Guys,

Are you aware of that reviewers are human beings just like us. They breath, eat, sleep and make ’’mistakes’’ just like all human beings do. All the reviewers had review my projects including Mark and I did not feel any grievance or unprofessional behavior. I had a lot of sof rejected files which to were really needed to be improved.

I want to make this clear, if I was a reviewer I would reject many files which are online now. I think the VH reviewers are tolerant people. We’re partners with Envato on this business so reviewers, site manager, staff and all other people are our collagues and we have to respect each other.

2184 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

That’s a pretty irresponsible statement, and this sort of sentiment is exactly why people are tired of reading about complaints in the forums.

If you feel you have a grievance to air, or something to discuss in a professional manner, please, by all means contact support and voice your concern.

I’m sorry I think I chose clearly the wrong words. Reviewers are humans, have different opinions on different items and make mistakes, that’s why I think it is sometimes reasonable to open a thread on forum to make sure you are not the only one who sees your item as good enough for this marketplace. THEN I think about considering the fact that reviewer made a mistake and will try to get it approved.

As I see it support has enough to do these days, if you want me to contact support everytime I can do that but I think it’s more reasonable to first get some opinions in the forum before bothering envato staff.

I was not going to say that reviewers or one specific reviewer is overall making a bad job although I admit it sounds so. I have no idea who that reviewer is, since I cannot see who rejected me but in the end the file got approved and it is fine for me. It is more like some files are seen very differently from two reviewers, which makes you think “hm, what might another reviewer say”.

I am sorry for definitely choosing the wrong words (“like to reject potentional topsellers”), I cannot even say that it is only one reviewer since all we can see is a rejection email and no name behind it.

I think you reviewers do a great job most of the time, but what I was talking about is that it now it is hard for ME to handle with rejections because I have made the experience that this decision can be wrong.

Nevertheless, I don’t like the way you are talking about professional manners which you (as it sounds) doesn’t see because of the fact that I’m writing here in the forums instead of quietly contacting support. There seem to be more authors here who have experienced the same and I was hoping to hear more about that by writing MY experiences into this thread. So, please, MotionRevolver, it’s nothing personal and I’m sorry for the choice of my words in the last post but don’t speak about professional manners if the only intention of your words are to keep me quiet on the forum.

So now, I’m willing to discuss this problem further in a “professional manner”. I won’t contact support since I have no idea what to tell them or what a solution to this “problem” can be.

I once thought about a joker an author can play one time it’s item get’s rejected, then it gets approved and if the item doesn’t reach 10 sales in a month he may not argue about rejections ever again. If it does reach 10 sales then he gets the joker back.

147 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
didgi says

I want to make this clear, if I was a reviewer I would reject many files which are online now.
good for us that you’re not a reviewer.You always have to keep in mind that here are not only broadcast designer.
509 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
5p1r17 says

...I want to make this clear, if I was a reviewer I would reject many files which are online now. I think the VH reviewers are tolerant people…

Totally agree! I would do the same….

1105 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

With more than 2000 authors, it is hilarious to say a reviewer is keeping track of particular authors and intentionally screwing them up. Like he has a small black notebook with names?

Funny how human natures works. Success is always considered a fruit of personal qualities and effort. Failure, on the other hand, is often hard to swallow.. so who do we blame? That’s right – someone else. :)

Sorry guys, I cannot agree with half of the posts here. Really not picking on anyone, neither taking a side. There are no sides..

44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
simlos says

for me the reviewing team does a very good job, cause a quality standart is essential for videohive! all of us authors have to think about the fact, that potential clients/buyers come to the marketplace (videohive) searching for items they need. if that item is from author x or author y is secondary for most of them, they don’t come here to get the newest item of author x,y or z! but if they buy crap or get disappointed because the stuff they bought has technical issues, they can’t see in the previews – some will blame it on the author but most of them blame it on videohive in general, which has an impact for the whole author community by loosing clients.

so for me all the “whining threads” are a part of “egolution” and totally unprofessional in a freelance manner or did you ever discuss with a client in a way like that, if he critizes your work and gives you his “improvements”?

and some people are angry because of the standart rejection mail, a reviewer can’t write a 10 sided letter for every rejected project, keep in mind that this is a business and not an art school…

just my view of things…

2184 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

I want to make this clear, if I was a reviewer I would reject many files which are online now. I think the VH reviewers are tolerant people.

I guess that’s part of the problem here: Sometimes, a rather low quality item slips through the review process, which leads to other rejected authors moaning about not being treatened equally. I also don’t think that reviewers reject some authors more than others, but again I honestly doubt that any reviewer would dare to reject an item by inlifethrill these days (Not that it was necessary).

I have a question for you Balistique: Would you reject any of the items in weekly top sellers? If yes, what’s your reason for that? Is the quality not high enough, although people prove otherwise?

Here are many files with only a few sales and yes I have also some items that don’t sell well and I’m going to remove them anyway, so a rejection wouldn’t have hurt there.

Maybe I don’t understand the review process, I think the best argument of reviewers was that the item wouldn’t catch sales anyway. But if the ability to make sales is not the reason for rejections, what is it then? And why? How can an item be low quality, not good enough for videohive quality standards and then on the other hand get people to buy it. It’s a marketplace, it’s about sales, isn’t it?

I’m not saying that this happens often, I’m just saying it happens. I guess about 99 percent of the rejections are more than reasonable, but there is this tiny little percentage where reviewer make mistakes.

Just my 2 cents Tobi

327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Located in Turkey
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+9 more
Balistique says

I want to make this clear, if I was a reviewer I would reject many files which are online now.
good for us that you’re not a reviewer.You always have to keep in mind that here are not only broadcast designer.

No need to be a ’’ Broadcast Designer ’’ for doing clean and good works and you always have the keep in mind that ’’ VH is not a playground ’’

by
by
by
by
by
by