44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
simlos says

@creative: i saw your clean logo reveal in the best of week files (great one), if i remember right it was rejected first. i can’t remember the reason and what do you changed to get approved, but as you mentioned before it’s a 1 to 99 situation and keep in mind there are many reasons for a rejection (copyright, technical issues, “quality”, equal items …) – every rejected project could be sold elsewhere. i know that rejection in general is a bad feeling and in your case it seams to be a mistake, but humans do mistakes! i won’t take a rejection of my work personal, improve it or work on the next and maybe sell the rejected elsewhere.

simlos

159 posts Quality over Quantity
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+7 more
JakubVejmola says

No need to be a ’’ Broadcast Designer ’’ for doing clean and good works and you always have the keep in mind that ’’ VH is not a playground ’’
+1
147 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
didgi says

I want to make this clear, if I was a reviewer I would reject many files which are online now.
good for us that you’re not a reviewer.You always have to keep in mind that here are not only broadcast designer.
’’ VH is not a playground ’’

VH is not,but Æ is a great playground.

73 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Permaloop says

Hello guys!

Lets see it from another perspective.I believe that as long as the these kind of treads respect the forum rules other authors and of course the reviewers, can help other people not to do the same mistakes. So from my point of view they are ok :)

1265 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

Hi Guys,

Are you aware of that reviewers are human beings just like us. They breath, eat, sleep and make ’’mistakes’’ just like all human beings do. All the reviewers had review my projects including Mark and I did not feel any grievance or unprofessional behavior. I had a lot of sof rejected files which to were really needed to be improved.

I want to make this clear, if I was a reviewer I would reject many files which are online now. I think the VH reviewers are tolerant people. We’re partners with Envato on this business so reviewers, site manager, staff and all other people are our collagues and we have to respect each other.

+1 well said. Personally I’d reject about 1/3 of the projects here. I’ve bought most of the others, lol. At least the best ones (like those by top guys like Balistique). If anything envato/VH should be rejecting a lot more projects.

They should be a) innovative and creative and b) broadcast-quality, unique. Not a “hey I’m a new ae guy and lets see if I can slap something together for a fast buck and get it approved on vh”.

Think long-term, make top quality projects. Better 2 great projects that sell a lot, than 20 so-so ones that do bad sales. Top buyers like myself and others, search the already-bestselling projects first, before looking at new stuff. So you’ve got to compete against the library here already of topsellers, meaning a) be ORIGINAL and b) do GREAT projects. That gets my $.

A constructive thread might look at “best practices of bestsellers”, for those that wish to share. For example, HOW MANY HOURS OF WORK do you bestselling authors put into your topsellers, on average? I’d guess at least 20+ hours for the type you do, Balistique, and others… what do you authors say, # of hours needed to work hard to produce bestseller? That’s the type of thread we should encourage here, not “wah wah I got rejected” type. Focus on success, not failure. :)

5076 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

HOW MANY HOURS OF WORK do you bestselling authors put into your topsellers, on average? I’d guess at least 20+ hours for the type you do, Balistique, and others…
Waaaaaaay more than 20 hours. Some of my more in-depth projects more like 80 or 100 hours. That’s why I need to get at least 200 sales to make it anything like financially worthwhile. Actual breakeven compared to freelancing on an 80-100 hour job comes at around the 400-500 sales mark for me, so I actually take a hefty financial fall on VH stuf.

But on the other hand I like the creative freedom and lack of stress that it brings with it…

2350 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

HOW MANY HOURS OF WORK do you bestselling authors put into your topsellers, on average? I’d guess at least 20+ hours for the type you do, Balistique, and others…
Waaaaaaay more than 20 hours. Some of my more in-depth projects more like 80 or 100 hours. That’s why I need to get at least 200 sales to make it anything like financially worthwhile. Actual breakeven compared to freelancing on an 80-100 hour job comes at around the 400-500 sales mark for me, so I actually take a hefty financial fall on VH stuf. But on the other hand I like the creative freedom and lack of stress that it brings with it…

I think I took even more than 100 hours for some of my projects. :)

327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Located in Turkey
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Balistique says

I will upload my new project in a few days and I almost spend 10 days for it:)

2350 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Can’t wait to see it :) 3D?

327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Located in Turkey
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Balistique says

Can’t wait to see it :) 3D?

Yes bro, it’s 3d with some neon lights ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by