• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

really? Maxon are German I thought they hold the market firmly :P:P
But Balistique is right 3ds max is often used for architectural work while movie-animations use mostly Maya, and motion graphics artists like us -> C4D!

p.s
don’t erase anything from your head! get more STORAGE :)

yup that’s right, Maxon is german and is widely used here, too. But the chance to come along with 3ds max in a production environment is not so small. One example: ScanlineVFX who are working on major Hollywood productions is using 3ds Max. One of their studios is just 10 minutes away from my flat.

one funny fact: a friend of mine is studying architecture in austria. She’s learning Maya.

44 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
simlos says

those 3d packages are very similar in their results even blender is very powerful and its free!

i am working with 3dsmax since 1996 (r4 dos based – i think the most of you didn’t know the time before windows ;) ) and i am still using it, cause as balistique said you can’t erase your knowledge, you always fall back in thinking and working structures. 3dsmax is a real great tool, cause its a standart in the market and there are alot of 3rd party programs you can use. also my main focus is architecture and object design visualisations/animations.

since 2000 i also use c4d and it has a lot of benefits compared to max. – mograph, ease to use and most important its very stable, i can’t remember that it’s ever crashed (maybe its because i didn’t work with very complex scenes in c4d) and bodypaint was also a great tool to texture objects. unfortunally i can’t model with c4d, maybe the modelling tools have improved, but personally i am faster with max.

so my advice ;) as an old 3d user: for motion graphics use C4D Broadcast edition! you will get great results in weeks or even days – while using 3dsmax, maya, xsi or houdini will take a while to learn.

404 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GhosTeam says

really? Maxon are German I thought they hold the market firmly :P:P
But Balistique is right 3ds max is often used for architectural work while movie-animations use mostly Maya, and motion graphics artists like us -> C4D!

p.s
don’t erase anything from your head! get more STORAGE :)

yup that’s right, Maxon is german and is widely used here, too. But the chance to come along with 3ds max in a production environment is not so small. One example: ScanlineVFX who are working on major Hollywood productions is using 3ds Max. One of their studios is just 10 minutes away from my flat.

one funny fact: a friend of mine is studying architecture in austria. She’s learning Maya.

Both Maya & 3ds Max belong to Autodesk now…there are so many others like Poser, Houdini, Softimage etc… I read something clever once about the differences between them:
3ds Max is best used for 3ds Max users, Maya is for Maya users :)

LOL p.s
Now this is the “Stop Whining Because Your Project Was Rejected And Some 3D Talk Thread”

by
by
by
by
by
by