• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
MotionRevolver Reviewer says
Farley_Design said
MotionRevolver said
I’m no web developer, but it would seem that there would be a simple line of code that could randomize your followers and the members you follow?
There was but they removed it, slows down the database or whatever somehow. So it’s kinda stuck this way ;)

That’s right… I could have sworn it was randomized at some point. Well, I guess you’ll always have people taking advantage of the system wherever they can!

145 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
VidnoaDesign says

yes . really i had effect on my sales with this. i had use this cheat on last month but i thogh it dont have any consern for you .

sorry top sellers .

now i know important is Quality of work + quantites of viewers.

so whats better and faster for finding viewer ? ;) :D

265 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Finland
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SubsonicDesign says

Somehow I missed this thread but great that you brought this thing up Esko! It’s really annoying and comical (in a sad way) to see the followers feature misused like that.

I just took a look at the top authors follower lists and I guess that the same guys are still taking advantage of that feature because after 22 days they are still in the first places. I assume that those guys get one or more followers in 22 days so we should see some new faces there…

This might be a good time to create a new badge for those who follow the most:

Pitiless self advertiser and Marketplace celebrity stalker

I’m sorry if I insulted someone (actually I’m not, you can ban me if you want :D) I can happily say that I have never taken advantage of that system even though Esko told me about it some time ago. I buy my ad space from BuySellAds or use social media to promote my files and services and I don’t offend anyone by using their websites or profiles for my own good. :)

1096 posts inlifethrill
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bulgaria
+5 more
InlifeThrill says
I buy my ad space from BuySellAds or use social media to promote my files and services and I don’t offend anyone by using their websites or profiles for my own good. :)

That’s how it’s done man. Thumbs up for that. This practice had stopped for a while but seems like the it is back right where it left. Okey, have your views. You are swapping a fair game for a few clickthroughs? Let me know how that’s working out for you.

-inlife

221 posts What dreams may come...
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
VideoMagus says

Hm, that’s really funny… But what the problem?... Why all that so intolerant painful reaction, guys?... In fact I don’t fill any inflammation from such ‘sophisticated’ parasitism on my page… Just pretty naive, IMHO … All that ‘following / unfollowing’ story seems rather amusing… BTW I ’m ‘following’ mostly girls… just for their promotion and also getting my page nicer with some beautiful lady’s avatars… Like my Muses… Anyway, you may continue to enjoy ‘following / unfollowing’ my page, Miseld, and whoever else, if it helps you anyhow… Though… better spend your ‘parasitic’ time for making a new ‘epic’ AE project… ;)

675 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
BoostShock says
VideoMagus said
Hm, that’s really funny… But what the problem?... Why all that so intolerant painful reaction, guys?... In fact I don’t fill any inflammation from such ‘sophisticated’ parasitism on my page… Just pretty naive, IMHO … All that ‘following / unfollowing’ story seems rather amusing… BTW I ’m ‘following’ mostly girls… just for their promotion and also getting my page nicer with some beautiful lady’s avatars… Like my Muses… Anyway, you may continue to enjoy ‘following / unfollowing’ my page, Miseld, and whoever else, if it helps you anyhow… Though… better spend your ‘parasitic’ time for making a new ‘epic’ AE project… ;)

I thought that girls thing was a joke but its true :D

449 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
Final_Step says
BoostShock said
VideoMagus said
I thought that girls thing was a joke but its true :D

Me too… XDD

by
by
by
by
by
by