4149 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Do you think the method I am applying is a good one ? I’ve made templates for customers, but that is a whole other thing. As for external classes they are not quite my thing yet. I am still learning OOP , there are a lot of things that don’t quite come out as I want them too. Plus, OOP or Timeline, the end result can still be the same. The difference, and I agree is in the speed of coding and code re-usability but for the rest, same result can be achieved with OOP as with timeline coding
Actually, I found out that accessing particular objects on stage is much easier when using OOP in comparison to timeline coding. Things like “parent” and “addChild” are more complicated when trying to accomplish targeting objects than with the more convenient structuring of a well organized external class.
I’m also making the move from timeline coding to OOP . I totally agree with Ben, moving away from the timeline gives you unparalleled coding freedom. It’s a more… elegant way of coding :) ... my point is, Paul, let OOP be your best friend ;)

Sooner or later, yes. At the moment, I am quite satisfied with timeline coding :P I know what OOP can do, but for the time being, I am still at my beginnings.

2075 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+2 more
LanceSnider says

No offense taken. Our wiki was fine when there wasn’t much info, but now that there’s so much more, it’s a mess. We’re in the final stages of creating a new, easier to use, one.

Regarding your question about PHP , any PHP functionality must be stripped out for the preview. For example, if your file calls dynamic content from a database, for the preview, call static content instead. In those very rare cases where this can’t be done, you can put your file on your own server. If you feel that you really need to do this, just explain to the reviewer why you’ve done so.

1612 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+5 more
DaniMun says

No offense taken. Our wiki was fine when there wasn’t much info, but now that there’s so much more, it’s a mess. We’re in the final stages of creating a new, easier to use, one.

That’s great news! :)

Oh, welcome back, Lance!!! :)

4149 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

That’s great news! :)

Oh, welcome back, Lance!!! :)

+1 to that. Welcome back Lance Von Dance :D

by
by
by
by
by
by